Service to the Crown

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Slindar Magrashall

Service to the Crown

Post by Slindar Magrashall » 2012-11-14

Greetings to the Realm,

We wish to thank those defended and waged war for Our Crown. There are few things more glorious than being surrounded by friends and dying for a belief. It was truly my honor to take the field with you that day, the support was humbling as well as being inexpensive. In the many years I have strode through our Realm there are but a handful of moments that I will carry forth until my end. The Crown War will be one.

For those who supported us, took oaths to serve and remained faithful you are formally released of those duties and responsibilities. Thank you all for the many assignments performed with grace and courage, without you we would have had no Crown to defend. It is understood that there may be those who wish to continue in our service as Arch Duke, we would welcome having those discussions.

Regarding our enemies. You will be dealt with. I believe Lord Chamberlain Bendore said it with eloquence, there will be no thanks, mercy, or forgiveness.

Arch Duke Slindar Magrashall
High Paladin of Kodos
Third High King of Darkon
First Sword of the Realm
True Mordomian Blood
Arch Duke Slindar Magrashall
High Paladin of Kodos
Third High King of Darkon
First Sword of the Realm
True Mordomian Blood

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Re: Service to the Crown

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-11-14

Hail Slindar! The true king of darkon.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-16

Indeed, hail Slindar, rightful heir to Tarim's throne.

Thrush Svartehjertet
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2012-11-17

Sir Tyriel Firebrand wrote:Hail Slindar! The true king of darkon.

Hear, hear! Hail!
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-11-17

Thank you Your Royal Highness, it is an honor to serve.

So much for the King's Guard being a neutral "defend the king" body of troops.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-17

Lord Dubh wrote:Thank you Your Royal Highness, it is an honor to serve.

Perhaps, m'lord, that was before he became a member of their nation?

And thank you, HRM, for releasing me from my oaths.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Cog
Land Marshal

Post by Cog » 2012-11-17

Agreed! Hail Slindar!!! I will always fight by your side

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Lord Dubh wrote:Thank you Your Royal Highness, it is an honor to serve.

Did I, at some point, claim neutrality? Archduke Slindar is a Paladin of Kodos, having values and ethics compatible with mine own. Archduke Slindar is also my countryman, and as well, one whom I count as friend.

Additionally, I view King Cailen as a Usurper, unable to earn his crown in the ring in the manner befitting a True King.

As such, I will never offer my blade in his service.
Beast of BABALON

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-11-17

Lord Inox,

Captain Thrush, who is your commander in the King's Guard, told me that they defended the High King. Sir Tyreal also told me that he was King's Guard and it did not matter who was on the throne. The leader and a respected member within the company made it clear that as a body the King's Guard is neutral, well as neutral as the defenders of the High King can be.

Now we are both without a job. Will be an interesting rein.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Perhaps it would have been different had King Cailen taken his crown in the ring, as did the others that preceded him. Perhaps I could have overlooked his devotion to a deity diametrically opposed to mine own.

Sadly, we will never know. Things are such as they shall remain, and we merely respond to them as our honor and piety dictates.

It shall indeed be a strange year. I wish you well in what lies ahead; you and your House stood by Archduke Slindar and fought bravely on his behalf when many saw fit to betray the throne. That shall be remembered.
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-11-17

Seems like there will be a new King's Guard this year :)

I suppose Thrush and the others can just refer to themselves as "Archduke's Guard" though it doesnt have the same zing to it.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-17

fingers630 wrote:Seems like there will be a new King's Guard this year :)

I suppose Thrush and the others can just refer to themselves as "Archduke's Guard" though it doesnt have the same zing to it.

Arch Duke's guard? I didn't know HRH Tarim had a retinue.

Or are you referring to New Mordom?

I jest. But as you can see, this is how confusing such a term could be!

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2012-11-18

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:
fingers630 wrote:Seems like there will be a new King's Guard this year :)

Arch Duke's guard? I didn't know HRH Tarim had a retinue.

Or are you referring to New Mordom?

I jest. But as you can see, this is how confusing such a term could be!

Dear Those So Offended By A Different Person Ruling the Rest of Darkon:

The king for whom you pine so long and so hard for told me himself that -if he had won- he would have abdicated the throne. He told Hando the same, under a geas from Kodos to maintain the truth. Slindar, of course, told me this after we -as a nation- had pledged our strength to Prince Cailen's effort to pull him from the throne. And as much as it pained me to raise swords against my Brother, I keep my word.

So, all this wailing and wearing of sackcloth and ashes is meaningless, because you'd still be in the same position you are right now. In fact, it would be even worse, As that means all your effort to defend Slindar's throne would have been tossed into the gutter.

So, continue your weeping. But perhaps consider that if Slindar had been a better shepherd of the realm, no one would have found cause to rise against him.

In Hate
KvG

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-18

-Inox- wrote:I wish you well in what lies ahead; you and your House stood by Archduke Slindar and fought bravely on his behalf when many saw fit to betray the throne. That shall be remembered.

Indeed it shall. We were a neutral party supporting a noble position. When the Usurper King saw fit to defecate upon the title of King, he lost any chance of such noble men as myself (not attached to a nation) defending his hide.

The Kings Guard agreed that we served the High King of Darkon, we do not see Usurper Cailen as having earned that position. Tarim did, keldar did, Slindar did, we would have been honored to serve any of those 3 kings...

Thrush Svartehjertet
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2012-11-19

-Inox- wrote:It shall indeed be a strange year. I wish you well in what lies ahead; you and your House stood by Archduke Slindar and fought bravely on his behalf when many saw fit to betray the throne.

One cannot betray an institution one does not recognize.

KvG

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-19

Kel von Graymere wrote:
-Inox- wrote:It shall indeed be a strange year. I wish you well in what lies ahead; you and your House stood by Archduke Slindar and fought bravely on his behalf when many saw fit to betray the throne.

One cannot betray an institution one does not recognize.

KvG

I do not speak for Count Inox, but from context, I do believe he was speaking of those that had given oaths and broke them - not of those such as yourself that gave no such oaths.

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-11-20

if Slindar had been a better shepherd of the realm, no one would have found cause to rise against him.

It was stated before and never agured otherwise: The usurper would have raised arms against any King who sat on the throne, this much is a certainty. Case & point: Cailen openly stated in the begining of Slindar's reign that he wanted the crown.

As for your main point:
It heartens me greatly to see people here openly declaring their loyalty to His Grace, but only slightly less that this upsets you so deeply... you feel you must cry foul to the steadfast.

HRH,
Malkin

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2012-11-20

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:Indeed it shall. We were a neutral party supporting a noble position. When the Usurper King saw fit to defecate upon the title of King, he lost any chance of such noble men as myself (not attached to a nation) defending his hide.

The Kings Guard agreed that we served the High King of Darkon, we do not see Usurper Cailen as having earned that position. Tarim did, keldar did, Slindar did, we would have been honored to serve any of those 3 kings...

Thrush Svartehjertet
berserk

I agree entirely with Thrush's words. In fact, I did serve as King's Guard under Archduke Keldar when he was King. In fact, I was one of the first four chosen for the King's Guard on the very day of his coronation.

Beast of BABALON

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-11-20

I did say that I would serve the throne and protect the person sitting on it as a member of the kings guard. However, the man who sits on the throne now is an Usurper. In my eyes, he did not earn that seat. As far as His Grace, if he wished to abdicate then he would release me from protecting him. I still would have fought against Cailen or any other who wished to take the throne that day.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2012-11-20

HRH Malkin wrote:
if Slindar had been a better shepherd of the realm, no one would have found cause to rise against him.

It was stated before and never agured otherwise: The usurper would have raised arms against any King who sat on the throne, this much is a certainty. Case & point: Cailen openly stated in the begining of Slindar's reign that he wanted the crown.

As for your main point:
It heartens me greatly to see people here openly declaring their loyalty to His Grace, but only slightly less that this upsets you so deeply... you feel you must cry foul to the steadfast.

HRH,
Malkin

Indeed, Malkin, you have always been willing to forgive the blind their errors as long as they agree with you.

I respond because of my fondness for my Brother Slindar, as much as anything else. I am not one for mincing words. Slindar is one of the greatest fighters our realm has ever known; I've told him as much on the day of his first bout with Keldar. I told him his ascent to the the throne was inevitable , given his fighting skill. And I told him that his reign would be a disaster, that his plan to plunge the realm into chaos and bloodshed would be his undoing.

I am as loyal to him as I was on the day he put the surcoat on me. I have never told him anything less than the truth, nor will I ever. I had hoped removing the crown from his head would knock some sense into him, remind him that a Kodist cares as little for baubles and titles as a drowning man for a glass of water, but that seems to have failed.

Slindar, you surround yourself with fawners and flatterers, sycophants and yes-men. I don't care who you field with, but you have made yourself blind to the truth. Once you've woken up, I'll be here, as always, ready to welcome back my friend, my Brother. You call me "enemy". A man who will tell you a harsh truth is no enemy, but the firmest of friends.

Yours in Hate,
KvG

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-11-21

Just out of curiousity, how does leading an army to Tarimstadt, and taking the castle by force, not "earning" a title? Is that not the purpose of Crown Wars in this Realm? is that not how many nations were conquered and Kings named in the past?

I find your reasons for not standing behind the oaths you took to defend the wearer of the crown curious. Mayhaps you should change your name to Slindarian Guard and be done with it.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-21

Lucius,

When one pledges to serve a title, and then the person with that title does not justify it, sometimes one finds themselves rethinking one's job description. No dishonor in that. In wanting to protect the crown, we will do it from outside or within. You obviously have a love affair with the current King, so I won't get into it with you, you won't hear me.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-11-21

If a warboss can't lead 'is WAAAGH!!! ta vict'ry 'gainst a uppity nob, den 'ee ain't got no business bein' warboss. Da same goes fer kingz. Slindar couldn' win wif all 'is boyz, den 'ee ain't got no business bein' king. If you don' like it, do sumfin' about it 'sidez whinin'!

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-21

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:If a warboss can't lead 'is WAAAGH!!! ta vict'ry 'gainst a uppity nob, den 'ee ain't got no business bein' warboss. Da same goes fer kingz. Slindar couldn' win wif all 'is boyz, den 'ee ain't got no business bein' king. If you don' like it, do sumfin' about it 'sidez whinin'!

Then how come you are still warboss, ork? You've lost fights before.

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

In service to Kodos

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-11-21

Kel,

You call these men, close to Slindar, "sycophants"... well, I guess you and your "new" country would know best, as they've become the lapdogs of oath breakers who, as you very well know, call you "New Coke" (I don't know what this word "coke" actually means... but it doesn't sound endearing).

It's not too terribly surprising you've become this, considering many of your current members use to be lapdogs of the true nation of Mordom..You see, these people who sway your country to act (or not, as the case may be) are people happy to play second fiddle, so long as they are on the side of the winner.

You want to air the truth, brother... OK, I will give it to you plainly. The truth is, your new country is comprised of the Myriadorian mindset, it is a worry-wart mindset of worry-wart elders... who think avoiding the risk of losing adds meaning to the the griffin they wear upon their chest. They could not be more wrong.

Wearing Kodos on your chest is an awesome thing, IF you know what it means and bled for the cause. They haven't, they don't... and thusly they cannot know what it means. They prove, time & again they have no clue by their actions... or lack thereof.

You speak to Slindar of "coming back"... Are you under some impression that the GMCPS still exists, brother? If so let me explain this to you. Your country is filled with: those people who always wanted to be Mordomian (but weren't), new people who don't have one itoa of what it truly means to be Mordomain, a smattering of true Mordomains (like yourself), plus a handful of other true Mordomians who rarely, if ever, are seen.

So this I say to you, my brother:
you surround yourself with fawners and flatterers, sycophants and yes-men. I don't care who you field with, but you have made yourself blind to the truth.

In all the years your crew has been in existence they have managed to muster the "courage" to do three things:
1) Attacked a boat, from a boat loaded to the hilt with Mages
2) Attacked a boat, from a boat loaded to the hilt with Mages
3) Hopped in a field fight on the side which contained all of the largest and most powerful countries in the realm, instead of fighting for yourselves.

I have pressed your crew about this behavior, over these many years and their answers are sad. It always goes something like this: I argued this at our meeting, but... We wanted to muster the courage, but... We tried to go to war, but...

This is what Mordom would have said: We argued about it, we mustered the courage, we went to war! Hail Mordom! Hail Kodos!

Admitedly the Mordomian mindset comes at a huge sacrifice. Something the majority of your crew (save the brotherhood) would know nothing about and something (I think) the vast majority in the brotherhood have little taste for these days.

I have not the wherewithal to be in that type of environment again. I paid my dues to cause... in blood sweat and tears (literally all those things); as well we all did. As far as I am concerned Mordom was over when Keldar, Chain, Creed, Slindar, myself, Croaker, Morid, Maz, and the vast majority of brothers (I believe you, as well) agreed that it was. I do not know why those same people, who chose to let Mordom go, now make futile attempts to mimick that which they once made great. It makes no sense to me.

You want the truth, brother, your "new" country shouldn't even use the word "Mordom" until they step up, put their balls on the line, and take a real action...

Asking Slindar to come back to where you live is akin to Gerard asking you to "come back" to Northern Kingdoms; it makes no sense. There is nothing to come back to... there never was. Your new country has become more of a place holder than anything... a kind of historical bookmark... a place (for those very few - who know what it actually means to don Kodos) to meet and once again strut upon the field.

So when you say "come back" I guess you may be referring to that... But Slindar, Croaker, and I are not interested in being ghosts of the old cause, that is over. We care not to mingle with those folks who desperately wish to be Mordomian and think they are, but who lack the drive it takes to truly be Mordomian.

Your new country proves time & time again they are happy with second place... just so long as they are on the side that wins. That's a myriadorian trait... not a Mordomain one. Mordomians rule or die. If you were any other country it would not make me sad to say this, but your members don Kodos upon their breast and as such it sickens me to see them; pensive... passive... pathetic...

The saddest thing about this (and I have said this many times before) is that I see the potential. You are a strong crew of veteran warriors, powerful clerics, and savvy mages... You have the sword, but are affraid to weild it unless others lead the way. Your new country worries so much about every action that they never act... and those who do, take the glory from you. The glory is yours to take, but you have to act, I am certain you know this Kel.

Your new country was a powerful tool in Cailen's glory and as such, a tool in our defeat. Although we lost, I am proud of those who stood with us, knowing how outnumbered we would be. We were truly outmatched in everything but skill and heart. I am very proud of the Nation of No Quarter who, knowing the skelletons in our closet, took us in and at first opportunity voted to stand with us... regardless of the fact the powers of realm stood against.

I am also proud to demonstrate what a few true Mordomians can do to the realm when they put their minds to it... and the fact it took all of the largest nations in the realm (who tollerate eachother... at best) to join forces together in order to best us. I would think(in some way) that might make you proud as well, as we hail from the same blood.

This is not to say I merrily accept this defeat... I am Mordomian, how can I? It is a bitter pill to swallow and one I absolutely intend to feed back to all those who took part in forcing it down my throat.

As my EOG brother opened, so shall I close:
Regarding our enemies. You will be dealt with. I believe Lord Chamberlain Bendore said it with eloquence, there will be no thanks, mercy, or forgiveness.

Sincerely & Always,
-Paladin of Kodos
Last edited by HRH Malkin on 2012-11-21, edited 2 times in total.