Service to the Crown

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Re: Service to the Crown

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-11-27

Gor Strayhorn wrote:Maybe we can make an event of this?
Put up or shut up!
Have a tourney ring? 3 bouts. best 2 wins. loser must kneel and submit to victor. Armor and abilities.

Holmgangas for all!

Your tone implies superiority, and suggests authority. You have neither. If Thor or Tyr or any of these other Northman gods truly enjoy seeing plebes slain, then perhaps either of these two upstarts can draw three other ill wittend souls to their cause, raise a castle and come forth. I will gladly place them at the bottom of the list of Nations I will conquer.

In the meantime, I suggest you plan your peasant sacrifices without the assumption that I would honor such foolishness with my presence.

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-11-27

1) I weren't never paid. Neevur were any o' me boyz.
2) Slindar lost by da lawz dat you humiez made up fer dis king stuff. Gob flappin' 'bout 'ow it weren't fair er honorable makes you sound like a kreenin' little grot.
Green) Glad yer "amused". I'd be mad if I jest lost.

1) The fact you weren't paid doesn't negate my point
2) Niether I, nor Slindar, stated anything in terms of "fairness"
3) I wasn't speaking about the war when I said you were amusing. I don't see how you got that confused, but you are an Orc so maybe you get lots of stuff confused with war... I don't know... As far as being mad about losing... I already made my position pretty clear about losing the war.

OOC Point here: Your point about "lost by da lawz dat you humiez made up fer dis king stuff" isn't or shouldn't be considered an In Character concept.

The rules for the King's War does not have to be accepted by the Nobility as a whole, and should not be considered "rules made up by nobility" (unless you believe that only Noble can go to war), these rules we've put in place as simple a means to seize the Throne vs. having to win the Throne in a traditional sense. Thusly, the rules Darkon applies for war in our wargame is an OOC concept not an IC one.

That said, rules for gaining the throne via personal combat (i.e. the Noble Tourney) is an IC concept and can be discussed IC. HTHs

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2012-11-27

Lord Valfryn,
I believe that my battle-brother Gor was suggesting a trial of combat to shut the mouths of all that are quabbling upon these magic missives. Not a command, but a suggestion.
If you are reading tone of entitlement or command, than I assure you that you are misreading.

You seek conflict of wars where there is no need for them.
Gor is suggesting that you all take this bantering of mouths from this missive to the flesh and blood ring and settle this as men (human and drow alike).

As far as our gods are concerned, they seek nothing from us mortals. We all seek to honor our gods in one way or another, or prove to them that we are worthy of whatever praise they may give.
Do you not celebrate every victory with a praise to Selvetram!?! (SP?? sorry)
This is much the same with our gods.
If we fight honorably with strength and courage, they will smile upon us.

This would be entertaining; if but only for a brief moment, to see this upstart against yourself, and Karma against Count Inox. It would both settle the matter at hand and bring entertainment to those that like blood-sport.

Krendyn,
What else do you have to do besides watching "peasants comit suicide"?
Would you rather be attacking the Laconians that you have beaten miserably over and over and over again, until nothing remains but a broken shell; which you have accomplished already.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-11-27

I am to assume the "put up or shut up" is a respectful phrase? Was this misread? Was I not the intended target? Was this directed to the common filth?

An unlanded drifter speaks out of turn and this entitles him the right of combatting a Lord of the Realm? I think not. If Count Inox wishes to whet his wrath upon iblith, I will not stay him, nor fault his decision. I kill rabble frequently as I need, I care not for the fanfare.

What I was concerned with was the misrepresentation of fact. No amount of blood will correct mispoken words. Only hands may wash hands, I needed to use words to rectify words. If I need to use bloodshed to cease words, that is a different case... and I promise it would not be so ceremoniously grand.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2012-11-27

I do believe the put up or shut up was directed at the rabble. As rabble often need to be put back into their place with a swift kick. I am sure Gor knows you are a capable enough fighter to tear through Bracknell with ease and wishes for him to challenge you and die miserably for the false information that his mouth spreads.
Do as you wish, as is your right. Holmgangas are just our way to solve disputes that words cannot.
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-11-28

Be careful, Chosen Blood excels at killing rabble. Ask the Laconian Peasants they massacre on a bi weekly basis.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2012-11-28

fingers630 wrote:Be careful, Chosen Blood excels at killing rabble. Ask the Laconian Peasants they massacre on a bi weekly basis.

I have seen of what Chosen Blood are capable. I would say they excel at killing, damn the modifiers.

KvG

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-11-28

Kel von Graymere wrote:
fingers630 wrote:Be careful, Chosen Blood excels at killing rabble. Ask the Laconian Peasants they massacre on a bi weekly basis.

I have seen of what Chosen Blood are capable. I would say they excel at killing, damn the modifiers.

KvG

I thank you for your praise, Commander Graymere, though I will admit we have spent more time than I should like on "rabble". The terrible truth is that there always seems to be a correlation between rabble, the ignoble, poor decisions and slighting those best left be. But as my Brother Ambassador Saris Fey-Branche loves to say: "There is no slight too small to address."

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Wulfvin Sturmbjorne wrote:I do believe the put up or shut up was directed at the rabble. As rabble often need to be put back into their place with a swift kick. I am sure Gor knows you are a capable enough fighter to tear through Bracknell with ease and wishes for him to challenge you and die miserably for the false information that his mouth spreads.
Do as you wish, as is your right. Holmgangas are just our way to solve disputes that words cannot.

Understood, and thank you for your clarification.

Krendyn

Post by Krendyn » 2012-11-28

Wulfvin, I am busy crushing the previously stated rabble.
Line officer of Chosen Blood

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-28

Krendyn wrote:Make an event out of what? I don't go to the butcher to watch him kill swine so why should we watch this? I have better things to to than watch two peasants comit suicide.

ding ding ding

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Settling Disputes

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-11-28

I find it very interesting... that these "mighty warriors" who assert they should: put up or shut-up, settle differences with steel, fight 1v1 ring battles... All act (on paper) as though they walk the realm challenging all worthy combatants to personal combat; and settle all their gripes and disputes in the same manner.

Some of you seem very brave on the boards, yet hide behind your walls for the vast majority of your existence... and if you do happen to muster the wherewithal to venture beyond your own fortifiations, you do so only amoungst large numbers AND YOU NEVER CALL ANYONE OUT, to test your mettle in front of your peers, yet you seem (in verbiage) the epitome of combative bravery.

So why is it we have so many challenges in the written form... but when I walk amoungst you all I rarely, if ever, see any of these honorable challenges going on? I mean... If you're all so darned impressed by your own combative talents, as I infer from your posts, why do I not see it? Am I blind to all these honor battles and personal challenges going on in the realm? I mean from the attitude in your rants, I would think this kind of thing happens all the time, everywhere you look.

Of course, as I make this assertion, I don't speak of everyone here... As an example I've seen the Warboss take his fair share of individual glory (and any Noble who has entered the ring does not apply, as they've proven they have the balls to step up in front of everyone to assert their prowess), so if the shoe doesn't fit, don't attempt to cram it on...

That said, I say this to anyone: For those of you who would singualrly posture with such impunity (on paper)... I'd very much like to see you do something as noteworthy, when you actually have a weapon in your hand and are facing off those you penned so inferior.

-Paladin of Kodos

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2012-11-28

HRH Malkin,

We act as though we walk the Realm challenging foes? I do not think so. That is how WE settle disputes from within. What I mean by this is that WE fight one another in Holmgangas to settle disputes; whose loot is what, land issues etc. If we have an issue with another nation we will go to war with them, but as of yet, we have not had said issues.

We are very new to this Realm, but have never hidden behind our walls, as we have so few of them.

I, personally, tried to challenge one of your own ilk (Blue tabard, shark mail, dunno his name) during the Bellum keep battles but time and time again, our "honor" battle was not honored by the rest of No Quarter or his allies.
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

Gor Strayhorn

Post by Gor Strayhorn » 2012-11-28

HRH Malkin and Sir Valfyrn,
I only wish more people would take their bravery and prowess they describe on these magical missives to heart and face each other on the field rather than ramble on. The Nobles of this realm have proven their honor and prowess, I mean no disrespect by placing them in a tiny ring so that their quarry may not run or hide, or wait for cover of darkness.
Gor Strayhorn
Great Wolf - Battle Leader of Asaheim
Warden and Warhound of Asaheim
First Ranger of Asaheim

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-11-28

I can only hope that the quarrel between these Knights of the Realm and these rag wearing peasants who seek to throw words hiding behind mystical missives is dealt with swiftly on the field rather than in a ring. Our ring is more than just about combat, it is a judgement of ones peers. To have the right to fight in such a display of bravery is never easily forgotten nor dismissed, it is the pinnacle of honor in the ever waring realm of Darkon. I would cry the day that someone such as these rabble would be let into a square area, let alone our Great Octagon. Karma and Barknell, lucky to be even given names. The maggots will finish you two as you are continued to be crushed under the boots of NQ!
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-28

Kai Firebrand wrote:I would cry the day that someone such as these rabble would be let into a square area, let alone our Great Octagon.

You would've been appalled by the Laconian Olympics, in that case.

Every year, there was a ring and anybody who signed up could fight in it.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Gor Strayhorn wrote:HRH Malkin and Sir Valfyrn,
I only wish more people would take their bravery and prowess they describe on these magical missives to heart and face each other on the field rather than ramble on. The Nobles of this realm have proven their honor and prowess, I mean no disrespect by placing them in a tiny ring so that their quarry may not run or hide, or wait for cover of darkness.

I for one was raised to let the unremarkables remain unremarkable. Not to disuade anyone from killing commoners in enclosed spaces, mind you. This is just one of the varieties of behaviors that is unbecoming of one born to the 2nd house, is all.

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Well, like i said... if the shoe don't fit...

NQ/Blue tunic? Dunno who that is.

In any event I never see suchheated challenges cept on the boards. I am ALWAYS looking for a good fight on the field of battle and see one maybe 5% of the time.

The realm is filled with people who would rather join giant forces together and then run around attacking groups of 5... I don't see the point. How can that be fulfilling in any way? Don't be that guy.

If you ever want to test your skills... I don't know of anyone from NQ who would back down from such; we from EOG (within NQ) are always happy to oblige.

If I am leading a group and you have less numbers... tell me a number and I'll be happy to match or even go less if we're not feeling acceptionally run down at the time. NQ is all about the fight.

Let's see some challenges happen.

-Paladin of Kodos

PS... if you happen to be in a 1v1 fight... don't let your enemy get attacked from behind while he's fighting you, if you can help it... warn him to tell the sketch to back off. Have some F-ing dignity for Kodos Sake!

(FYI: HRH = His Royal Highness)

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

You speak truth Prince Malkin, and that is why Gor and myself wish for those involved in these heated conversations on the boards to settle it with steel.
I also agree with you in that the super-teams that are so often made during campouts are extremely unfulfilling and oft cause me to quit the day and find some meade to drink instead.

HRH Malkin wrote:PS... if you happen to be in a 1v1 fight... don't let your enemy get attacked from behind while he's fighting you, if you can help it... warn him to tell the sketch to back off. Have some F-ing dignity for Kodos Sake!

This is a must for anyone with honor.

Prince Malkin, We seem to be agreeing with one another about the conduct of honorable folk and the desire to get into fufilling, challenging fights, but somehow you came into this conversation ready to bite our heads off for suggesting that people stop being cowards.

And we use HRH still, as you are still a Noble of the Realm, a Prince, making you "Royal", yes?!?
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-11-28

NQ! has no members nor petitioners in blue tunics.
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Occultus
Darkonian

Post by Occultus » 2012-11-28

Perhaps Wulfvin is speaking of a man I believed to be named "Darva"? He was on the "orange" team during the battle Wulfvin is speaking of, and did wear a blue tunic. He spent a lot of time around those of NQ! during that engagement, so that would explain Wulfvin's confusion.

~Brother Ursus Polaris

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2012-11-28

Occultus wrote:Perhaps Wulfvin is speaking of a man I believed to be named "Darva"? He was on the "orange" team during the battle Wulfvin is speaking of, and did wear a blue tunic. He spent a lot of time around those of NQ! during that engagement, so that would explain Wulfvin's confusion.

~Brother Ursus Polaris

he's a buddy of mine from amt and road up with me.
jayjay
No Quarter!

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Occultus, you are correct in the description of the man I refer to.

Anyways, I tried to honor battle Darva multiple times throughout the keep battles, and each time was attacked from behind by someone from the "orange team", either No Quarter! or Dragonhood. Honor is not seen as a good trait by much of the realm, and many just wish to win and will not allow such duels to occur.
Do not say I didnt try to duel; I like the challenge.
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Darva... yeah, he's not in NQ, but fights a similar style. If he were part of NQ, I would not be. That's all I am gonna say about that guy.

...but somehow you came into this conversation ready to bite our heads off for suggesting that people stop being cowards...

You seem to take offense at my words making my overall statements about some people in the realm and attempting to apply them to yourself. Please stop.

MY POINTS ARE:
1) If you are posting about settling differences via combat and you are not doing so, you need to STFU.
2) I see very few of the people writing on these boards actually challenging anyone on the field
3) If I haven't mentioned you directly AND the stuff I am saying doesn't apply to you, don't assume I am talking about you.

you seem to have been missing point #3. You have already stated that you do challenge folks to honroable combat within the realm; that nullifies you as a member of the population I was ranting about... However you let yourself back in but ignoring:
so if the shoe doesn't fit, don't attempt to cram it on...

If you agree with me AND you are not in the group of folks I have an issue with, as you've asserted you are not, then why would you think I was "ready to bite your head off"?

That's one of the many problems with the written word... When people read ANYTHING inflamatory, they instantly assume the writer had them in mind when they wrote it.

Speaking to the realm here: Trust me when I say I was talking about the state of the realm in general and no one person specifically... so if you run around challenging folks to fights... you're good.

I am speaking about the 98.6% of the realm, who would rather hide behind their shield wall and spears and wait for a fireball in order to off one badass dude vs. stepping out and testing your mettle. Then after you've won by not fighting... hoping on the boards and acting as if your a competent warrior. If you are that guy... and you know if you are... then you can take offense if you want... cuz that's how I meant it.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

You are correct, I assumed you were making inflammatory remarks to me and mine, and I should not have. For that I apologize.
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015