Open Letter to the Realm from Lord Dubh

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Re: Open Letter to the Realm from Lord Dubh

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-01-31

Prince Andrick wrote: I will not tolerate the assassination of any Elidorian. It has always been so and will always be so.

If you find you must participate in such vile acts, be prepared for the consequences. Come for Cailen in any other way you like, he will stand and fight you. But not this.

Prince Andrick,

Please come find me at the next gathering, we should speak more of this matter.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2013-01-31

Assuming I have recovered from the plague I have been suffering with these past weeks, I shall do so. I knew I shouldn't have ventured into Nurgle's camp.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-01-31

So much has changed, yet so little. Names and faces, they change often within the roles we all have in this world. The tides of the realm draw in and out as always, though new faces may be the cause or victim.
Your Highness, I urge you to appoint a guard, as your predecessor did. I trust they will guard you as well as you choose them. It is only practical, it would seem. One cannot fend off the enitre realm, or its schemes, no matter the strength in their arm or their faith.
Sir Bendore, I am certain my brother in arms, Sir Dritz, meant only to defend his countryman, and I should hope you feel you have evened the score by doubting his purity of our heritage. Especially since history would tell us you been in many a conglomerate, and none have spoken such an ill word at you. I will assume you were reacting in haste, and you do not wish to repeat that insult to me, or any other of my brothers. I shall ignore the slight you have each rendered to one another, and speak of this no more.
With respect I urge you to not let your disdain with the Lady Keira to spill over onto others who do not enjoy such rivalry. If nothing else it would distract you terribly from your duties.
My old friend Thrush, I do believe you were rewarded a title by HRMSM, were you not? I am saddened you not offered further privilege, and I am certain you would have received it if you had asked.
I was offered a charm in one hand and distrust in the other. I made my stand against the undead plague and laid down my life for what I had thought to be forever, in HRMSM's name, to prove the distrust unwarranted, and yet, rumor has hit, he said not one word at my burial. How I have returned is a story for another day... I would still offer forgiveness if asked, as Kings often have many rumor and lie spewed into their ear, and I am certain it would become difficult to trust anyone. Regardless, do not be fooled. All men of power and privilege make their deals. All. Protection, fear, coin, death, the motivation may change, but SOMETHING is always offered or threatened in the dealings of men.
If you wish to continue to coat your blade in blood for what is right, I would offer you work within the Church, whenever it is available.
The realm is always in a state of flux, and presumably shall continue to be. We must place our faith in the gods, and find our niche, wherever it may be. Blessings upon you all, in the year to come.

Pope Faleris I
Lord Chaplain to HRHSM
Scourge of the undead

Sir Orlffson

Post by Sir Orlffson » 2013-02-01

No Sir, I am not of HRM's household. And If your missive was directed at HRM's household, perhaps you should have sent it to them, not an "open letter to the realm". By sending it to the realm, You have opened the conversation to all people of Darkon. I gave truthful information, and my Word to help. Then you insult me? I warn you, don't do it again.
Baron Dritz Orlffson
Master of the Raven

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-02-01

Pope Faleris I wrote:My old friend Thrush, I do believe you were rewarded a title by HRMSM, were you not? I am saddened you not offered further privilege, and I am certain you would have received it if you had asked.

I was offered a charm in one hand and distrust in the other. I made my stand against the undead plague and laid down my life for what I had thought to be forever, in HRMSM's name, to prove the distrust unwarranted, and yet, rumor has hit, he said not one word at my burial. How I have returned is a story for another day... I would still offer forgiveness if asked, as Kings often have many rumor and lie spewed into their ear, and I am certain it would become difficult to trust anyone. Regardless, do not be fooled. All men of power and privilege make their deals. All. Protection, fear, coin, death, the motivation may change, but SOMETHING is always offered or threatened in the dealings of men.

If you wish to continue to coat your blade in blood for what is right, I would offer you work within the Church, whenever it is available.

The realm is always in a state of flux, and presumably shall continue to be. We must place our faith in the gods, and find our niche, wherever it may be. Blessings upon you all, in the year to come.

Pope Faleris I
Lord Chaplain to HRHSM
Scourge of the undead

Faleris,

I am glad you still call me friend, Sir, as I still consider you such as well. I have not lost complete respect for my friends in Chendrolyn since your unfortunate merger with some nations I do not have any regard for. Our 2 departments under King Slindar worked VERY well with one another, and I can assure you, Slindar had no words but praise for you when you laid your life down to conquer the undead. He and I drank to your name, so anything else you may have heard since then, well, talk to those who raised you. I wouldn't trust them anyway. Their skill set is different than mine...

And to your point about favors, I have yet to ask for anything other than gold and glory in my life, I do not expect to ask for anything else now. King Slindar never heard the end of my dissatisfaction with being made a Knight of the Throne. I do not consider my self noble, just honorable. Most days.

If your church is ever going on a quest to slay non humans, or need to defend some who actually need and deserve defending, send a raven my way. It would be fun to fight side by side with you again. Though my colors may have changed outwardly, I'm NAACP for life.

Thrush Svartehjertet
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-02-01

Insult is found whenever you seek it, yet I made no attempts to insult the Chief Herald, Sir Orlffson, or Chendrolyn. Had I wanted to make an insult it would not be vague or unclear.

So if you feel the need to face me for a perceived insult, feel free. Until the gods tire of the game and we find Permanent Death my body and spirit will rise again to receive you.

Marquis Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, KR
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2013-02-01

Couldn't have happend to a more deserving guy... first of many, I suspect...

Although I don't think he meant it like that, the quote from Calus is perfect:

... a King that rules from the ground up.

Indeed!

Strixian

Post by Strixian » 2013-02-02

HRH Malkin wrote:Couldn't have happend to a more deserving guy... first of many, I suspect...
Although I don't think he meant it like that, the quote from Calus is perfect:
Indeed!

You're right about one thing on the first of many bit. A pity that the majority of the corpses will belong to the enemies of the Rightful King, HRM Cailen. Let it be known that it was not us who started this war, but we shall be the ones to finish it, and you.

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-02-02

Actually, you did start this war. The Crown War, after your king lost in the ring.

I have no idea who you are, so maybe wear something with your name on it so that I can identify your corpse at least.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-02-03

I will second that.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-02-03

I keep hearing people talk but it all sounds like the crying of children who have been withheld from their mother's apron. There was war, and you lost. Go Lick your wounds, and show some honor in defeat. It is such a human condition to mewl loudly about losing. There was no honor lost in losing to a superior force. But you lose honor with every drop of bile that spills from your crooked mouths.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-02-03

Artex,
I must ask you, were you present for any of the Crown War or the previously fought King Fight?
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Artex,
I must ask you, were you present for any of the Crown War or the previously fought King Fight?
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

Artex

Sir Sturmbjorne wrote:Artex,

I was at the Crown War, and I personally Serve Cailen, and will continue to do so no matter what may come. You can always find me I carry his symbol on my shield.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Understood.
I was just making sure you were there; otherwise i would ask you not to speak regarding the Crown War. But as you were present and participated; go ahead and run your mouth and make enemies of those whom take offense to your words.
I helped put HRM Cailen in his throne as well, but I will not speak in his defense in the matter of the Crown War, speaking is not my job, my job is killing.
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
President 2015

Artex

I defend him as I would any I call friend, by words or action.

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-02-04

The crown war was made because of a man tasted the bitterness of defeat. He was beaten in the ring, and that is something that is held in high regard. I don't mind losing, that is part of life. What I do care about, is the way that one who would call himself a warrior, would do to disgrace himself.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-04

Beaten in the ring is debateable.

Lost a popularity vote was more like it.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-02-04

You lot fink too much on 'splainin' yerselves. I killed Slindar wheneva me blade could reach 'im, eevur sneaky-like or on da field an' yellin'. Yer gunna do wut yer gonna do. Kill anyone 'oo don' like it. Kill anyone 'oo don' like you.

I din' like Slindar. Some o' you lot don' like Cailen. We fight, we see 'oo winz. Dat's it. Dis time Cailen won. I'll crunch 'eadz an' stomp skullz ta keep 'im on da frone. I'm guessin' uvvers'll do da same ta get 'im off.

In da end, it only matterz 'oo winz. It don' matter 'ow much ya complain afterwurdz.

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2013-02-04

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:In da end, it only matterz 'oo winz. It don' matter 'ow much ya complain afterwurdz.

Well said, my greenish-brown friend. House Dubh will always stand with the King, whoever he (or she) may be.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-04

Say what you like about the good Marquis, his loyalty to the Realm I shall never question.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-02-05

Ev'rywun alwayz agreez wif me. When'll you lot learn dat I'm alwayz right?

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-02-05

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:Ev'rywun alwayz agreez wif me. When'll you lot learn dat I'm alwayz right?

In a generous estimation, you have been correct approximately 47.2% of the time, green skin.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-02-05

I don't always agree with Gutzmangul. But when I do, it's because violence should solve everything.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-05

Amen!