A Challenge....to the Nobles of the Realm

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

A Challenge....to the Nobles of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-23

As Sir Kai has stated in another missive, there will be a gathering of the Common Folk on the 5th of May, to test their skill at arms and tactics in combat versus their peers. As with every Commoner Tourney, laurels and praise are showered upon those few, who through sheer willpower and the sweat on their brow, stand up from the pack, and declare "I AM THE CHAMPION ON THIS DAY!"

I say to you, oh Great Lords and Ladies, those of you who lead us rabble in the day to day activities of our common lives, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

I challenge each "Noble" of the Realm, to reach into their purses, or chests, or gold inlaid privvies, and produce a offering of 50 golden crowns, to be distributed amongst the tournament champions: 5 gold for each of the 7 category winners, and 15 to a pot for the team of 5 champions.

What say you Barons? How about you Dukes and Princes, and Earls? Can you spare this pittance so that the common man, may live like you for a day?

Master Lucius Crum
Order of the Stag
Common Rogue and Arch Mage of the Realm

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Re: A Challenge....to the Nobles of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-04-23

fingers630 wrote:What say you Barons? How about you Dukes and Princes, and Earls? Can you spare this pittance so that the common man, may live like you for a day?

What about the Sirs and Dames?

Either way, Your challenge has been accepted by many; using the missive system known as the Book of Faces; including myself.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-23

Any person, male or female, who has been deemed a "Noble" of the Realm.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Keiori Night

Post by Keiori Night » 2013-04-24

I know I'm not a Noble but may I contribute too to show support for my fellow commoners? :)
Keiori Night
Head Costume Marshal
Soldier of New Mordom
Cleric of New Mordom
Senator of New Mordom

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-17

To: Fingers of Elidor
Re: Attempt to Collect a Debt

Mr.Fingers,
Please be advised the the Bloody Axe Mercenary Company has been contracted to collect a debt owed by you to the members of House Firebrand and No Quarter, in the sum of 255 Gold Pieces. Said debt was incurred as a publicly posted prize statement for the winners of the five man team competition during the spring tournament.
As you know, the Bloody Axe holds the honoring of any agreements duly entered as one of our highest tenets.

We are aware that Caelin of Elidor has issued to you an edict that you are make public payment upon said debt to the above named individuals.

Blood Axe does not require such a public display, and we are willing to accept payment between yourself and our organization quietly.

As we have accepted this Contract, please be advised that BAMC considers you a debtor to the Company for the aforementioned sum.

Please advise us as to your intentions on this matter at your earliest convenience.

Lord Captain Martin Falconbridge

I am touched good sirs that you have hired the BAMC at your own expense to collect your debt. As I have stated before, the prize for the 5 man tournament, which your team of Noble's won, would be delivered to you in person, before the Realm, as would the remaining prizes for Polarm, Freestyle, and Dagger champions.

Unfortunately my hosting the CTF battle yesterday left me mentally deficient, and I left the coin on my table, however I shall definitely be bringing it next event. Please look for me, after Lay On has been declared for me to present it to you on the field.

One final note, as I mentioned before, 2 of the contributors withdrew their donation, so the final 5 man tally was 225gp, not 255 as you have worked out with your Mercenaries. I will be paying them no coin, as I do not deal with messengers, so you can work that out with them however you see fit.

Your faithful servant

Lucius Alexander Crum

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-06-18

Withdrawing of the prize money once given is your concern. 255 is the sum which is owed for the event.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-18

Take it up with the Lords and Ladies of the Realm. At no point did I offer 255gp to anyone. 255gp was donated, 30gp was refunded to those wishing their coin back.

Have a nice day.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-19

Would the following people please find me after lay on has been called next event. I will do my best to be on the field at 1pm to make it convient to do so:

Thorson
Kanin
Thrush
Colin

You are owed coin from the People's Tournament and I have your prize money. If you will not be at the event, please make arrangements for a representative to collect the coin for you. If you cannot do this, magical message me and I will bring the coin to the following day event for you to collect.

Prince Andrick has agreed to pay the additional 30 gp from his personal coffers, covering the coin returned to the Lords/Ladies of the Realm that wished their money refunded instead of paying the 5 Man Winners. So the amount of 255gp will be presented to Lord Inox and Lord Tyriel as well. It is my understanding that the Lords have brokered the BAMC to receive payment in their stead. I will hand this coin over personally to Lord Falconbridge, or a BAMC rep of his choosing at the same ceremony for the other winners of the Tourney events.

I will not be handling donations in the future for any other events. Apologies to those who will miss out as a result.

I will field no more questions or respond to this forum on the subject matter as it has been closed.

Thank you
Master Crum

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-20

*Edit*

Thorson I believe your prize for Great Sword was given to Faleris at the Tourney as I only have the Dagger, Freestyle, Pole Arm and 5 man bags remaining. Double check with him please as he sponsored that event.