How interesting

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
User avatar
Inox
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 571
Joined: 2012-01-09

Re: How interesting

Post by Inox » 2013-05-08

fingers630 wrote:Good sir Prince,

You as your countrymen before you are still not reading my words so I will reitereate them once more.



Actually, yes, let's read your words:

fingers630 wrote:I challenge each "Noble" of the Realm, to reach into their purses, or chests, or gold inlaid privvies, and produce a offering of 50 golden crowns, to be distributed amongst the tournament champions: 5 gold for each of the 7 category winners, and 15 to a pot for the team of 5 champions.


Since it has always been that 5-man is inclusive of ALL Darkonians, a fact you know very well, I wonder why you did not say something to the effect of, "Monies will not be paid to any Noble members of the 5-man."

Oh, because that's ridiculous. It was also never your intention. I don't know if there was a single 5-man team without a Noble, but certainly all of the ones we fought had Nobles. Yours was 3/5 Noble, as I also already pointed out.

Now you offer the nonsense that no one has given you permission to disperse the funds on the criterion you invented after the fact. Has anyone denied, other than you?

You offer a prize, and when the victor is not to your liking, you spitefully and dishonorably yank it away.

Regardless, I hold you liable for the full sum of 255gp, payable to NQ!, our Commoners, or the 5 victors of the 5-man. You made the representation, and now you owe.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

User avatar
Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 369
Joined: 2012-01-26

Re: How interesting

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-05-08

All of this complaining is nothing but the rabble of the people with sore behinds. The best team won and that is that. We won the chairs and are proud to be the current 5 man team champions for two years running now. I would tend to go the way of Prince Malkin and Archduke Slindar, that if the chairs were not in it I would probably drop from the tourney.

Now I think if the chairs were not made I would still do it, only to make those of you who bicker because of jealousy or your insecurities, pry the title from my cold dead hands. The gold would be nice, as I would probably give it to my unit members who need it. It does not matter, I'll do the same as Inox. See you all in the fall.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

User avatar
Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 245
Joined: 2012-06-11
Location: The Black Tower
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-05-08

HRH Malkin wrote:Also note: If we dropped every team that didn't have a noble on it... Let see... Chosen blood would have been out, we would have been out, Elidor would have been out, Nurgle would have been out... and I am not sure about the others, but that may have left two team out there to fight. So why now are we talking about this?
HRH Malkin


Asaheim would have been out too.

Fingers,

The money I put in should have gone to ANY winner; be they of Noble descent or not.
They earned their gold.
Last edited by Sir Sturmbjorne on 2013-05-08, edited 1 time in total.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

User avatar
Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 571
Joined: 2012-01-10
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-05-08

Fingers I have to agree with the minister of war.

The rules of the fight were clearly posted.

The rules were followed.

The fights tested all involved to the best of thier abilities.

The winners should recieve thier payment reguardless of thier status or thier birthrights as the gold was advertised as a prize for the indivual 5 man competition.

What they do with the winnings is what will be telling, but it is thiers to do with what they will.

Let it be done,
HRM Cailen Sendor
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

User avatar
Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 761
Joined: 2012-01-10
Location: The Bloodspire Mountains
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-05-08

HRH Malkin wrote:
Gratz to Chosen Blood who are/were the only ones to take a fight from NQ (either year)... and they cleaned our clocks the first fight. Again! Nice job guys, I was actually pretty stunned that you clobbered us so handedly.

In any event, if you want the 5 man to be "commoners only"... then perhaps teams of commoners should actually try fighting in the thing...

HRH Malkin


I thank you for the compliment, and for giving us some of the best fights I've taken part in.
Image

User avatar
Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 761
Joined: 2012-01-10
Location: The Bloodspire Mountains
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-05-08

HRH Malkin wrote:
Gratz to Chosen Blood who are/were the only ones to take a fight from NQ (either year)... and they cleaned our clocks the first fight. Again! Nice job guys, I was actually pretty stunned that you clobbered us so handedly.

In any event, if you want the 5 man to be "commoners only"... then perhaps teams of commoners should actually try fighting in the thing...

HRH Malkin


I thank you for the compliment, and for giving us some of the best fights I've taken part in.

Sir Tyriel Firebrand wrote: Now I think if the chairs were not made I would still do it, only to make those of you who bicker because of jealousy or your insecurities, pry the title from my cold dead hands. The gold would be nice, as I would probably give it to my unit members who need it. It does not matter, I'll do the same as Inox. See you all in the fall.


The Order was told that we were not eligible to win another set of chairs, we still fought. Honor demands it. The greater reward is to fight against the best of the realm.
Image

User avatar
Thrush Svartehjertet
Posts: 1295
Joined: 2012-01-06
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-09

I sat in all their chairs more than they did. I am a commoner.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

CasofElidor
Posts: 19
Joined: 2013-05-08

Re: How interesting

Post by CasofElidor » 2013-05-09

I like chair sitting...I do it often.

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 53
Joined: 2012-01-10

Re: How interesting

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2013-05-09

The chairs will be great at Rag
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian
Posts: 139
Joined: 2012-01-14

Re: How interesting

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-05-11

I ain't wun ta wonder 'bout stuff, but I did it anywayz. Orkz decidez 'ooz in charge cuz deyz da biggest an' dey can kill da best. 'Ow do humiez get ta be Nobz an' why'z it so zoggin' complicated?

User avatar
fingers630
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 1613
Joined: 2012-01-11
Location: In his Anti Magic Pants

Re: How interesting

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-11

As the King has decreed, monies will be distributed to the winning team at the 6/2 battle from those who have contacted me wishing their coin to be so distributed. My coin, as well as the coin from several others, will be distributed at a later date at an event held for the Realm.

Please be on the look out for cutthroats and ruffians as I am told jingling purses have a tendency for bringing them out of the woodwork. Not that I support them killing the noble team and taking the coin to redistribute amongst the commoners, however such a thing could possibly happen.

Cheerfully yours
Fingers
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

______________________________________________________________________
"I'll grapple with greasy fingers... Just sayin'..."-Thrush

User avatar
Thrush Svartehjertet
Posts: 1295
Joined: 2012-01-06
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-13

Can you send my Pole Arm winnings to the next meeting of the nations this weekend? There are whores and gambling I may require funding for, and as I am currently unemployed, these winnings could make my weekend better.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

User avatar
fingers630
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 1613
Joined: 2012-01-11
Location: In his Anti Magic Pants

Re: How interesting

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-13

(When I get home tonight Ill count the total and email Jen to front it to you from the bank if she is cool with that, then pay her back next event)
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

______________________________________________________________________
"I'll grapple with greasy fingers... Just sayin'..."-Thrush

User avatar
Inox
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 571
Joined: 2012-01-09

Re: How interesting

Post by Inox » 2013-05-13

fingers630 wrote:As the King has decreed, monies will be distributed to the winning team at the 6/2 battle from those who have contacted me wishing their coin to be so distributed. My coin, as well as the coin from several others, will be distributed at a later date at an event held for the Realm.

Please be on the look out for cutthroats and ruffians as I am told jingling purses have a tendency for bringing them out of the woodwork. Not that I support them killing the noble team and taking the coin to redistribute amongst the commoners, however such a thing could possibly happen.


Let me get this clear: You are saying that you are ONLY giving out monies where people have specifically contacted you AFTER THE FACT, stating that, yes, the winners should be paid?

You have taken it upon yourself to infer that all those who donated, absent any protest, would for some reason want their monies witheld. This doesn't even get into the idea that if you donate for a contest's prize, you should not get to rescind a donation based on how well you personally like the winners.

The monies were collected for the winning team, and to the winning team they should go. THAT is what the King and others have said.

You have shown yourself to be without honor, and your insinuations regarding roguish elements only serve to highlight that fact.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal
Posts: 301
Joined: 2012-01-10

Re: How interesting

Post by Snudge » 2013-05-13

Thrush if you are looking for work I can certainly provide you with gainful employment that takes the utmost advantage of your skill with a weapon. BAMC will confirm I pay those I hire quite well
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

User avatar
Thrush Svartehjertet
Posts: 1295
Joined: 2012-01-06
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: How interesting

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-13

Come talk to me at the next gathering. I may be bored.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

User avatar
fingers630
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 1613
Joined: 2012-01-11
Location: In his Anti Magic Pants

Re: How interesting

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-13

-Inox- wrote:
fingers630 wrote:As the King has decreed, monies will be distributed to the winning team at the 6/2 battle from those who have contacted me wishing their coin to be so distributed. My coin, as well as the coin from several others, will be distributed at a later date at an event held for the Realm.

Please be on the look out for cutthroats and ruffians as I am told jingling purses have a tendency for bringing them out of the woodwork. Not that I support them killing the noble team and taking the coin to redistribute amongst the commoners, however such a thing could possibly happen.


Let me get this clear: You are saying that you are ONLY giving out monies where people have specifically contacted you AFTER THE FACT, stating that, yes, the winners should be paid?

You have taken it upon yourself to infer that all those who donated, absent any protest, would for some reason want their monies witheld. This doesn't even get into the idea that if you donate for a contest's prize, you should not get to rescind a donation based on how well you personally like the winners.

The monies were collected for the winning team, and to the winning team they should go. THAT is what the King and others have said.

You have shown yourself to be without honor, and your insinuations regarding roguish elements only serve to highlight that fact.



Please know your facts. I have contacted EVERY person who donated money. Those who wish to pay the Nobles for winning, will have their coin given to the Nobles at the June 2nd event. Those who wish NOT to pay the Nobles, will have their coin given to the Realm at a sponsored event later in the year.

You have whined enough to the Realm good sir, to sway the King into siding with you. He however has no power over me as to where I donate my coin, nor apparently over the others who wished not to pay you. Trust me, I was not the only one who said NOT to pay you, and my coin was only a pittance of the coin that shall not be paid to Nobles competing in Commoner's tournaments.

Enjoy your chairs, enjoy the coin you shall receive, and have a good day. I care not a whit what a pompous windbag such as yourself thinks about my lack of honor.

FTR
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

______________________________________________________________________
"I'll grapple with greasy fingers... Just sayin'..."-Thrush

User avatar
Inox
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 571
Joined: 2012-01-09

Re: How interesting

Post by Inox » 2013-05-13

fingers630 wrote:
Please know your facts. I have contacted EVERY person who donated money. Those who wish to pay the Nobles for winning, will have their coin given to the Nobles at the June 2nd event. Those who wish NOT to pay the Nobles, will have their coin given to the Realm at a sponsored event later in the year.


All have responded, then?

Regardless, it is incredibly, enduringly petty to revise a prize after a contest is won. I gave you the option of not paying "the Nobles", and instead paying our country coffers or our Commoners. Instead, you chose your peevish path.

fingers630 wrote:You have whined enough to the Realm good sir, to sway the King into siding with you. He however has no power over me as to where I donate my coin, nor apparently over the others who wished not to pay you. Trust me, I was not the only one who said NOT to pay you, and my coin was only a pittance of the coin that shall not be paid to Nobles competing in Commoner's tournaments.

Enjoy your chairs, enjoy the coin you shall receive, and have a good day. I care not a whit what a pompous windbag such as yourself thinks about my lack of honor.


I suppose, on one hand, I should be merciful. I imagine that it must have been difficult to stand with four legendary warriors of Elidor and know that you were nowhere near their equal. One might even begin to blame themselves for the loss...and I couldn't necessarily argue that point. Had Alexander stood in your stead, for instance, the fight may well have gone the other way. This must weigh on you. You need not deny it; anyone would feel the same in your shoes.

So, on one level, I understand your desire to strike back and to shake off some of your frustration and self-recrimination, in the only way that you have available to you – by holding back our prize money.

All the same, I am not one to take insults from one such as yourself. I suppose I'll just have to kill you on sight until you either meet final death or I feel that I have achieved the balance of my gold in entertainment.

Continue to blather as you see fit.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

User avatar
fingers630
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 1613
Joined: 2012-01-11
Location: In his Anti Magic Pants

Re: How interesting

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-13

If I recall I was the last Elidorian standing, and I fell to the blades of 2 nobles of the realm, both having fought in the ring multiple times.

As it stands, I have no problem being the weakest man on a team of brothers. I make no excuses of being rusty, or old, or slow, I fought as best as I could, and lost. I didn't see you standing at the end of the battle though... Hell, if you hadn't quit Elidor to join the new country of super bad ass fighters, perhaps you could have had my spot. Such was not the case though, you turned your back on your brothers, as they grew old, and it irks you to no end to be on a team that doesn't win every event they participate in. It is ok my friend, there are some that feel the need to overcompensate with boasts of arms and deeds. I am secure in my ability to bring death to many in the game, and I don't need a trophy or a paycheck to feel complete in it.

Tis a shame Alexander wasn't there, Id have given him my plate and let him fight in my spot. I have no delusions that I am a better fighter than he. You on the other hand, I have killed multiple times. I look forward to doing so again my friend, so bring your swords, and I shall see you on the field, over and over, until you earn back your coin or I grow tired of hearing you bluster and blow, as the hot bag of air you are.

Sir Inox the Bold, Slayer of Peasants, Poorest of Nobles

Blather, Blather, and such :)
Last edited by fingers630 on 2013-05-18, edited 1 time in total.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

______________________________________________________________________
"I'll grapple with greasy fingers... Just sayin'..."-Thrush

jayjay
Darkonian
Posts: 163
Joined: 2012-01-17

Re: How interesting

Post by jayjay » 2013-05-14

so let me get this straight, you are upset that team of skilled fighters beat you? you are upset that warriors of the sword beat you. you are upset that your skill on a stick didn't win the fight for you. and you are upset that sir inox can win more fights with swords than you can with spells. did i miss anything, or are you done lamenting your betters?
jayjay
No Quarter!

User avatar
fingers630
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 1613
Joined: 2012-01-11
Location: In his Anti Magic Pants

Re: How interesting

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-15

LOL, I am not upset my friend. I have said my piece and will speak no more on the subject.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

______________________________________________________________________
"I'll grapple with greasy fingers... Just sayin'..."-Thrush

User avatar
Inox
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 571
Joined: 2012-01-09

Re: How interesting

Post by Inox » 2013-05-15

fingers630 wrote:If I recall I was the last Elidorian standing, and had my flail not bounced mysteriously off Sir Tyriel's head, twice if I recall, I would have enjoyed a magnificent 1 on 1 battle with Prince Malkin to decide the fate of the match. Such was not the case, and I fell to the blades of 2 nobles of the realm, both having fought in the ring multiple times.


If you had struck him as you claim, he would have fallen. I suppose I must now also call you a liar.

fingers630 wrote:As it stands, I have no problem being the weakest man on a team of brothers. I make no excuses of being rusty, or old, or slow, I fought as best as I could, and lost. I didn't see you standing at the end of the battle though... Hell, if you hadn't quit Elidor to join the new country of super bad ass fighters, perhaps you could have had my spot. Such was not the case though, you turned your back on your brothers, as they grew old, and it irks you to no end to be on a team that doesn't win every event they participate in. It is ok my friend, there are some that feel the need to overcompensate with boasts of arms and deeds. I am secure in my ability to bring death to many in the game, and I don't need a trophy or a paycheck to feel complete in it.


Every word of this is a testimony to the contrary. Your insecurity shows in your spite and your phony grievances.

Interestingly, despite your claims, the leaders of your nation see it differently, and remain my friends...as do many others among its ranks. You, however, I never trusted or counted among my brothers even when I wore the green.

fingers630 wrote:Tis a shame Alexander wasn't there, Id have given him my plate and let him fight in my spot. I have no delusions that I am a better fighter than he. You on the other hand, I have killed multiple times. I look forward to doing so again my friend, so bring your swords, and I shall see you on the field, over and over, until you earn back your coin or I grow tired of hearing you bluster and blow, as the hot bag of air you are.


We can both agree that it is a shame Alexander was not there. Also, he would never allege that he slew someone he did not. This may be at least a small part of why he is so excellent and you are an ant in his shadow: he doesn't prop himself up with excuses while lazing about the castle.

Enjoy your fantasies of killing me over and over. The reality will be upon you soon enough.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

User avatar
fingers630
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 1613
Joined: 2012-01-11
Location: In his Anti Magic Pants

Re: How interesting

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-15

You, however, I never trusted or counted among my brothers even when I wore the green


I am hurt, as I was one of the ones who actually spoke up on your behalf many times. No matter, you are gone, and Elidor moves on.

(Removed)

Good day to you sir, as always, I welcome you on the battlefield. I have never run from a challenge, be it from any Noble of the Realm, or any common thug.

Until we meet in shadows.
Last edited by fingers630 on 2013-05-18, edited 1 time in total.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

______________________________________________________________________
"I'll grapple with greasy fingers... Just sayin'..."-Thrush

User avatar
Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 226
Joined: 2012-01-10

Re: How interesting

Post by Prince Andrick » 2013-05-15

You two are starting to sound like an old married couple. Settle it on the field.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

User avatar
Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm
Posts: 369
Joined: 2012-01-26

Re: How interesting

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-05-16

((Dude, considering this is an IC forum and your spitting some pretty OCC game, im gonna set this straight. For one, you say you hit me in the head....twice. As someone who I consider a friend, I would think that if you had a problem with me you would come out and say it to me personally instead of ranting about it afterward on the DOMB.

The second thing is that if you would have talked to me about it I would have told you that I didn't feel your so called "hit to legal target zone" so I don't know, if you would have said something I would probably have done something about it and that your second came down and hit me in the ear when I was not looking at the sky. I remember the fight, becasue I thought it was one of the better fights of the day.

I don't have to shrug to beat anybody, let me tell you. If you beat me, I'll only come back and kill you later. I also already have a chair......which I won at the fall tourney, go figure. So I hope that we can work this out Fingers. Cause this is pissin me off a bit.))
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests