Missive to Rayquon, son of the Emperor

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Marin

Missive to Rayquon, son of the Emperor

Post by Marin » 2013-06-02

A child shambles into the crowd, wary eyes scanning the soldiers of the Northern Kingdom, missive clasped tightly in small trembling hands. A sigh of relief as the youth approaches the man he had been searching for. "Please sir.. tis a letter for you." He looks pained, extending the scroll to Rayquon, son of the Emperor. "Please take it sir, the lady will burn off my fingers if you shant."

The unfurled scroll reveals a letter that reads,

My most beloved Ray Ray,

Oh agony, the hours of our parting. The sands of time, an enemy to our love. You, my dearest, my wayward lover torn from my sweet bosom at the behest of soldiers who are beneath you. At men who hold no worth comparable to thine own. One day my sweet. One day we shall raze this land like a crop fire across a peasant's livelihood.

Fear not, I keep your son safe in my womb. He grows stronger with each passing day. A true son of the pheonix. Our child will rise from the ashes of this land, fertile with the blood of our enemies. Those who would seek to betray you and slay me.

Time shall pass slower for you I am afraid, my dear short lived lover. You simply must miss me more than I shall notice your absence I suppose. Don't weep though, I will miss you.. in my own way. I shall spill the blood of your countrymen for you, for I know your hand is held back. For now. Only for now, my Snookie Wookie Ray Raykins.

All the love I possess in my soul is thine own,

~The matron of your heart
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ I shall take thine noble out to a nice seafood dinner and NEVER call on them again.*´¨)

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Re: Missive to Rayquon, son of the Emperor

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-06-03

Oh boy...........
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Blind_Rza

Post by Blind_Rza » 2013-06-03

Please forgive the lateness of my reply. Reading ink through touch alone is not an easy task. I am sure Baron Raekwon would have responded to this missive were it not for his current incarceration\re-education. I suppose the only suitable substitute would be his Emperor and father.

The thrice blessed armies of the North have fought in your lands for some time now. And although their objective is to defeat their enemies, they are obligated to treat their opponents with dignity and respect. They are to be steadfast and passionate in the execution of their duties. It would appear that my son may have been operating under his own definition of passion.

This is most unprecedented.

It was my hope that his trial and subsequent sentencing would have spelled the end to this kind of mischief. Once again, I am greatly mistaken. You must understand that your claim could very well extend and increase the magnitude of your…love’s penance. The Free and United Northern Kingdoms pride ourselves on our equal treatment under the law. Raekwon will not be spared if he has taken advantage of you.
We shall begin assembling a team of physicians to ascertain the origin of the child you carry. Be advised, this will in no way alter the current relationship of our two nations. We shall speak again.

Rza Yun Fatomi
Servant and Emperor of the Free and United Northern Kingdoms.

P.S. I told that boy he should have been a monk.

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-06-03

A pigeon reaches the Castle where Saint Faleris resides, and where Raekwon is being held during the fulfillment of his sentence. It reads "The Emperor is coming to visit his son, in regards to a missive we have received. Its from the Drow witch, she claims to be "with child". HIS child. (it would be wise to hide the breakables, my Lord)
He will bring with him the child that delivered it. Please have one of your physicians look him over for any sickness, or signs of mistreatment. Once that is complete, find out where the child saw the Drow last, send your best northern trackers out to find the witch, and return to the Army post haste, as we have landed."

The note bears the seal of the Emperor's House, and smells of the finest Elven perfumes.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-06-04

Drow alwayz lie.
Orkz alwayz tellz da troof.

Don' you fink it's weird dat dis drow gurl starts sayin' diss stuff now? 'Specially cuz Chosen Blood iz at war wiv da Norvern Kingdoms? Jest sayin', if I wuz a bunch o' cowardly Chosen Blood gitz, I'd try ta get da spore o' da emperah killed by 'iz own boyz. Why try ta beat da kingdoms when dey can beat demselves?

If Rayquon needz anuvver legul cownsil, I'z down fer it.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-06-04

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:Drow alwayz lie.
Orkz alwayz tellz da troof.

Don' you fink it's weird dat dis drow gurl starts sayin' diss stuff now? 'Specially cuz Chosen Blood iz at war wiv da Norvern Kingdoms? Jest sayin', if I wuz a bunch o' cowardly Chosen Blood gitz, I'd try ta get da spore o' da emperah killed by 'iz own boyz. Why try ta beat da kingdoms when dey can beat demselves?

If Rayquon needz anuvver legul cownsil, I'z down fer it.

We drow do not lie, we only exaggerate the truth for the benefit of those hearing it. "You orkz" only tell the absolute truth because you are not intelligent enough to do otherwise.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-06-04

Warboss Gutzmangul,

As of yet, I am not going to take any personal offense to your previous statement, as it is common for Drow to use falsehood and misdirection to their advantage. Also common; the miseducation of many as to the conduct of Selvetarglin. I will caution against further insinuation of falshoods being spread by those within the Order, as we do not partake in such activity. Much like your " orkish warrior culture", Selvetarglin respect direct action and martial prowess alone. The "Old ways" as our Ambassador likes to call it, are frowned upon and worthy of disciplinary action.

-Baron Valfryn Ken'Virr

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-06-05

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:We drow do not lie, we only exaggerate the truth for the benefit of those hearing it. "You orkz" only tell the absolute truth because you are not intelligent enough to do otherwise.

Yer a stupid ugly mangy git 'oo don' know 'iz gob from 'iz dung 'ole. Absoloot troof!

Lord Valfryn wrote:Warboss Gutzmangul,

As of yet, I am not going to take any personal offense to your previous statement, as it is common for Drow to use falsehood and misdirection to their advantage. Also common; the miseducation of many as to the conduct of Selvetarglin. I will caution against further insinuation of falshoods being spread by those within the Order, as we do not partake in such activity. Much like your " orkish warrior culture", Selvetarglin respect direct action and martial prowess alone. The "Old ways" as our Ambassador likes to call it, are frowned upon and worthy of disciplinary action.

-Baron Valfryn Ken'Virr

Wut you said makes sum sense. You lot don' run fingz da way da undaground drow gurlz do.

Den dat bein' da case, you lot should be fixin' ter get to da bottom o' diss. Cuz it stinks ov someone lyin' an' it ain't me client.

Anywayz, last time I talked at Rayquon, 'ee wanted me ta still be 'iz Lawboss. I knowz 'eez all away an' meditatin' an' stuff, but if diss leads ta court again, I wants ta be in contact wiv Rayquon so'z I can advise.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-06-05

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:
Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:We drow do not lie, we only exaggerate the truth for the benefit of those hearing it. "You orkz" only tell the absolute truth because you are not intelligent enough to do otherwise.

Yer a stupid ugly mangy git 'oo don' know 'iz gob from 'iz dung 'ole. Absoloot troof!

To be completely honest for once, I've never confused anything other than an ork for an arsehole.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-06-05

The paternity of half-bred bastards merits "court" appearances? I suppose it is a good sign, that the Lords of a land may devote their time to lesser matters. It means the greater and more pressing needs of their peoples are already met.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

I mean, 'ee went ta court cuz 'ee frew you out a window. If dat's illegal, what ain't?

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-06-05

If anything he should be held accountable for is the mistreatment of Noble Hostages and course behavior, using a rabble of footmen to slay a Baron of the Realm, mahaps.

Truly, I was slain many times this day, some of them may have bled together, I genuinely cannot recall. I do know that I had thrown the impudent human from the walls twice, myself. Which seems penance enough from my standpoint, though I will not interfere with the due process of a sovereign land.

Notify me if there will be a public reprimand or an execution.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Talk ter Norvern Kingdomz 'bout dat. Stuff 'appened an' I'll leave it to dem ta go froo all o' da 'portant stuff dat 'as ter do wiv you.

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-06-07

Yes, indeed Lord Raekwon has been remitted to my custody, to revisit his lessons, and pay for his insolence in the matter of improper etiquette whilst speaking amongst highborn people. He has also been sentenced to settle this debt of honor with you, Lord Valfryn, by means that must be agreeable to both parties. He shall be released from my holdings within the fortnight. I will see that word is sent. I do offer that I can empathize with him, for his father and I have had harsh dealings with other Drow, many years ago, and we are not the type to take chances as a result of it... However, civility in negotiation and deliberation is a must in a civilized society. You have proven an honorable foe, and that is to be respected.

Regards,
-F

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-06-07

In my experience: the only thing worse than an enemy worthy of contempt is one worthy of respect.