Defining and mandating a "field" at Darkon

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
exoduscleric
Knight of the Realm

Re: Defining and mandating a "field" at Darkon

Post by exoduscleric » 2013-10-25

I really don't think this is an issue of intentional griefing. Players take out the opponents that they think are most likely to tip the balance in their team's favor. It isn't more complex than that. The relics often shift around and people don't always realize that the same players are getting hit from battle to battle. Would it be called griefing if fighters rushed the same player from fight to fight to eliminate them before they could kill a large portion of one side?

When I realized that players were getting sick of getting fireballed... I stopped fireballing as my mage. I haven't cast fireballs in a while. I think AWARENESS is an issue in Darkon. Rather than creating special rules I think it would be beneficial to the realm to let it be known that it's not fun for the same people to get taken out with relics every battle. Share the love a little. Be aware when this is happening. If you see someone icestormed last battle... maybe you should avoid it this battle. Let them play! It's not always an intentional diss. Sometimes people just don't think about what exactly is going on in the grand scheme of things.

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Re: Defining and mandating a "field" at Darkon

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-10-25

exoduscleric wrote:I really don't think this is an issue of intentional griefing. Players take out the opponents that they think are most likely to tip the balance in their team's favor. It isn't more complex than that. The relics often shift around and people don't always realize that the same players are getting hit from battle to battle. Would it be called griefing if fighters rushed the same player from fight to fight to eliminate them before they could kill a large portion of one side?

When I realized that players were getting sick of getting fireballed... I stopped fireballing as my mage. I haven't cast fireballs in a while. I think AWARENESS is an issue in Darkon. Rather than creating special rules I think it would be beneficial to the realm to let it be known that it's not fun for the same people to get taken out with relics every battle. Share the love a little. Be aware when this is happening. If you see someone icestormed last battle... maybe you should avoid it this battle. Let them play! It's not always an intentional diss. Sometimes people just don't think about what exactly is going on in the grand scheme of things.

^^That^^

At times, it is hard to look past our own, personal fun and make certain that those around us are having fun, as well... but making the effort to ensure that as many as possible are having fun will pay off by keeping people coming back for more.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."