The Rogue 2.0

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.

See below

1. Solution 1- Playtest
27%
2. Solution 2- 8th rank Scroll Cap
45%
3. Solution 3- Keep Thieves as is, redo Assassin class
27%

Total votes: 11

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: The Rogue 2.0

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-19

I have floated the assassin rewrite to Snudge to pass along to the shady reps as well as Exodus who can share with Black Watch, the opponents of the Rogue class. Once I have finalized Ill put up for everyone else to see but I am liking the direction it is going.

Ive incorporated the 2hr/6hr assassinate duration Snudge and I discussed, as well as some other boons / boosts for the class, including lifting weapon restrictions at certain levels, faster disguise cool down for using skills after wearing chain, and giving the assassins a signature writ ability, lessening the chance a person can survive a hit (when their own writ is used)

A couple people brought up removal of GMs, and while Ive never been a big fan of them I can see what they bring in the RP potential.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2013-12-21

Quite frankly, I could care less about someone have 2 or 3 mage characters in case they get assassinated.

I care more about assassin guild masters that show up to a campout, sing and date 3000 writs, then have themselves assassinated to play their other non-guildmaster assassin without fear of losing the guild.

And also the people who have 2 rangers just so they can land search every event.

Both of those are a million times more cheesy than casters.

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-12-22

The following is specifically in the rules: "An Assassin may never perform an assassination on themselves, furthermore all participants must recognize this ability is not to be used as a way to change characters during an event. Such conduct is considered against the spirit of the game."
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Cog
Land Marshal

Post by Cog » 2013-12-22

The only way to reduce duration is by adding last rites into assassination somewhere.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-23

or have people vote for it. hell if people prefer being assassinated for 24 hours, have at it.

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2013-12-23

When the senate voted on scoundrel prior to the attempt to overturn the BoD i thought we had. I mean when we had a full senate the approval for it was huge, the smaller senate at the crown war wasn't exactly a fair representation. But what can ya do. Assassination is 24 hours and will probably stay that way until some sort of compromise is made that doesn't involve giving the victim of a personal writ any chance to res or be ressed
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-12-27

Snudge wrote:I mean when we had a full senate the approval for it was huge, the smaller senate at the crown war wasn't exactly a fair representation. But what can ya do.

Actually, support was slim in both Senates. Where this initially passed; it was passed by one country's votes. This ratio was maintained at the Crown War senate. I'm sure that Cailen can provide actual numbers.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-12-27

I recall it passing by a decent margin. If all of the countries *at* CW had been at Senate, the BoD veto may well have been overturned. It missed by 2 votes, iirc...rounding in favor of the BoD. :D
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-28

Crown war Senate was 11-6 in favor. Thats 2-1 for it, with several votes left on the table. Hell I dont even know who voted no except 14 members of Blackwatch.

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-12-30

Regarding vote counts; I would ask that the Magistrate post the counts if available.

And I think what Zentor is saying isn't that the Assassin Guild Master is "assassinating themselves" so much as "having themselves assassinated" by another assassin.

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-12-30

Sir Aethilgar wrote:And I think what Zentor is saying isn't that the Assassin Guild Master is "assassinating themselves" so much as "having themselves assassinated" by another assassin.

That's still covered by the rulebook:

"An Assassin may never perform an assassination on themselves, furthermore all participants must recognize this ability is not to be used as a way to change characters during an event. Such conduct is considered against the spirit of the game."

Emphasis added.

If you are plotting your own Assassination for a reason that only makes sense from a metagaming perspective, you're going against the spirit of the game.

I can think of very few times where someone might want to have themselves killed, and it would be the culmination of some really dark RP and a long storyline. Not a whim.
Beast of BABALON

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-12-30

The question becomes... what is the penalty for engaging in this kind of action? And is there any way to know if somebody has done so?

Facta non Verba

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-12-31

Same penalty as any other sort of cheating, I suppose. That is, up to the Board based on the perceived severity and frequency.
Beast of BABALON