Physical Coin transactions proposal

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Re: Physical Coin transactions proposal

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2014-01-10

Correct, banking of the time would depend on the banker; be it Templars, merchant houses, or religious sects, having assets in both locations where said banking was to occur.

Trouble with a 'Templar' solution to the Darkon banking issue is that it appears countries may only designate a single castle as their treasury. Even in cases where countries move their treasury to a new castle it is specified as 'the entire treasury'. Said rule would have to change for the 'Templar' solution to be viable. Now, what one could do is form a treaty between multiple countries to establish some form of banking system to preclude the need to transfer money by cart. Or, perhaps, one could open embassies in each other's capital. Of course, one could simply remove funds from a country treasury and hand carry it to another country during an event. It might even be on the field for a few minutes before the receiving party left for the day to deposit said funds prior to the start of the next event.

And there you have it; coming up with work-a-rounds to rules prior to their existence would seem to throw up a red flag to me.

Bah; all this aside...before I'd vote for a land action requirement to transfer funds from one country to another I would want to know if people actually think this would be fun. The majority; not just the vocal few.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2014-01-10

That's what senate is for, Aethilgar. Propose stuff, discuss, senators go back to country to discuss, go back to senate, discuss a bit more then vote, large warmongering countries profi; would be the order this would take.

Imo, this isn't really something that needs a new rule. Just convince people to actually start transferring stuff in game. If you force people to go through all this, it will become a hindrance and people aren't going to want to bother transferring the 100 or so gold to hire mercs.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2014-01-10

If you force people to go through all this, it will become a hindrance and people aren't going to want to bother transferring the 100 or so gold to hire mercs.

This shouldn't inhibit anyone from paying the mercs the day of the fight. I would imagine that mercs carrying 100 or so gold in payment will fight that much harder so they don't get looted after a defeat ;)

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2014-01-18

Proposal is up,
Anyone cosigning?

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-01-19

I think you are supposed to get cosigners first =P
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2014-01-19

Oh well, already up. If no one co-signs before the next event I'll try to remember to ask someone to remove it all together.

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2014-01-26

Not seeing any co-signers, I will request the proposal I put up be taken down.