Heraldry and Livery

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Re: Heraldry and Livery

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-02-03

hey now... I have a "Bob" character rofl
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-02-08

Alzarahn wrote:I understand the colors are currently reserved. I'm talking about opening them up. I'm generally against things that stifle creativity. Someone might want to make a really cool green tree shield, or maybe a yellow sun, just for example.

This is why you shouldn't talk here.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-02-08

If you really need to make something in relic green, your not being creative enough.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2012-02-08

To be clear, not all greens are verboten--as Tyriel pointed out, the "relic green" (a bright kelly green is my best description) is reserved, but Elidorian green is fine. You could certainly put a tree on a shield with no problem, just be careful what shade of green you use if there's not a lot of detail on the tree. Distinct green leaves with brown trunk & branches would not be a problem. A big "Q-Tip" tree in all bright kelly green could be a problem.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Taggart MacBannion
Darkonian

Post by Taggart MacBannion » 2012-02-08

Alzarahn wrote:I understand the colors are currently reserved. I'm talking about opening them up. I'm generally against things that stifle creativity. Someone might want to make a really cool green tree shield, or maybe a yellow sun, just for example.

The colors themselves are not reserved entirely. You simply cannot make a solid yellow or solid bright green shield. thats the only restriction this rule gives. its gotta have something else on it.
- Taggart MacBannion

Quartermaster of the Bendorian Lifeguard

Alzarahn
Darkonian

Post by Alzarahn » 2012-02-08

Taggart MacBannion wrote:

The colors themselves are not reserved entirely. You simply cannot make a solid yellow or solid bright green shield. thats the only restriction this rule gives. its gotta have something else on it.

I was under the impression the colors Green and Yellow were entirely reserved unless used with another color. The rule wording might need a second look. If it stands as you are describing I don't have a problem with this.

Taggart MacBannion
Darkonian

Post by Taggart MacBannion » 2012-02-09

well the "something else" would have to be another color, or else how would we know it's there? For example, lets take your sun idea. If you meant "yellow sun" to be a yellow shield with a sun design on it, it would need a different color so you could even see the design. It's a fairly simple rule, and its not new by any means.
- Taggart MacBannion

Quartermaster of the Bendorian Lifeguard

Sir Gwydion
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Gwydion » 2012-02-09

If you can't tell the difference between a wood shield and a magic shield, it's a problem. If you can't tell the difference between a wood shield and the shield of deflection, it's a problem. Clear?
Sir Gwydion, Baron of Gladesedge
Sometime mistaken for Avlis, Ranger of the Woods of Elidor (also of Gladesedge)