Multiple Counter-Attacks in land actions

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Multiple Counter-Attacks in land actions

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-10

Currently in our land rules, each nation is permitted only one offensive land action. This stands to reason that if three countries invade one, the defender will never, ever have the chance to be self sufficient and keep theirselves afloat. I would like to propose that any nation that is being attacked is always given the right to attack (counterattack) those that are invading them. This allows for the possibility of land swap actions, as opposed to an "unavoidable" loss of land.

Cort:
What he means is...
Elidor attacks hex A of Ched Nasad. CN gets a counterattack. CN offensive action.
Elidor and nurgle attacks hex A of Ched Nasad. CN can only attack one of them.
Elidor attacks hex A of Ched Nasad. And nurgle attacks hex B of Ched Nasad. CN can attack both Elidor and nurgle with counterattacks.

Right, Cort.

This way, a defender cannot end up taking more land than they stood to lose ( when the reason for this prop was to end the possibility of countries never having a chance to gain as much as they are losing).

Cosigners: Cort, corpse.orcslarp, Titus?
I'm ok with this. -Titus

TitusV
Darkonian

Re: Multiple Counter-Attacks in land actions

Post by TitusV » 2012-01-10

I will cosign.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-01-10

I will cosign.
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-01-10

He already has the cosigners, now is the time for picking at it to see if there are problems with it. Pros and cons.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-01-20

It should be probably clarified somewhere that any individuals opting to fight in another country's land action for that event do not have the option to participate in ANY of their country's "counterattacks".
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-20

I thought that would be evident , with the term "offensive" but it can be added. Though I did already submit the prop to andrick.

Xunyl
Darkonian

Post by Xunyl » 2012-01-20

It would probably be good to put a stipulation on mercenaries or any non-country member who aided in the defense. The thought is that only the specific non-country member from the defensive action can aid in the counter attack. (Though that member may opt not to join the counter attack.)

Example being: Myself and Robert Skinny-Arms of NotMyNation manage to defend my Hex, so on the counter attack only Robert Skinny-Arms can opt to join me. This would prevent me from doing something cheeky like switching out Robert Skinny-Arms for Donovan Crusher-of-Worlds of NotMyNation or trading out for different classes that I think would be more advantageous on the counter attack. Like if a Ranger from NotMyNation was more useful for my defensive, I wouldn't be able to switch the Ranger of NotMyNation for a Cleric of NotMyNation for the counter-attack.

That way it keeps things fair with not only class but armor sets as well. Plus it gives mercs some extra work and allows the players to think more tactically about who they want to aid in their initial defense.

Also will the country that is fending off the counter attack only get to utilize the players that came on the initial invasion round?
Chosen Blood soldier.

We are beyond the notions of; good, evil, light or darkness.
There is only order, pure and absolute.

For The Order.
http://www.wix.com/chosenblood/dwc

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-20

This is done just like normal.
Should probably word out that the mercs you hire for your offensive can be used in your counter offensives as well. (So long as your mercs aren't taking part in any other country's actions)

This way each nation only needs to hire one set of mercs, and can use them freely. (This clears up the who is on offense or defense question).

Pfffffffff Rewrite!

Could probably write that whole section clearer. Maybe that should be the goal.

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-01-21

I can hold off presenting to senate until the next meeting if you prefer V.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-21

Yea, that may be best. I'm thinking the "Invasion" section may need to get tidied up with "counter attack invasions" added in. That way, we can word it so that Mercs sign on for all of a country's actions and eliminates the confusion. And should the player decide to defend their own country's lands, they may not defend their clients.

though I wouldnt be opposed to making it so that once you sign off to a client, you can't do anything for your own nation. attack or defend.

Since we're tabling this for a little bit: anyone have thoughts on that? The idea of only being able to fight for who you declare for that event. meaning the moment that you sign on for another unit's land actions, you can only fight in their land actions, including if your own country is invaded. I never liked the "he's going offensive, but needs to defend his own stuff.." because if his own stuff was that important, he would be staying home to begin with.

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-01-29

"meaning the moment that you sign on for another unit's land actions, you can only fight in their land actions, including if your own country is invaded."

Completely in favor of that. If you're off on the other side of the world fighting for another country, you should not be allowed to fight for your own.
Chosen Blood Officer