Something Fishy (The Kraken Scenario)

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-26

As I mentioned on the General Forums, should the April 7th battle be changed to "Bizarro" and the ACS battle moved to June, I will be running a boat battle scenario entitled The Kraken Scenario.

After chatting with Thrush, I think I have hammered out the details for this scenario (horray for Boss getting pink eye today!) and am posting below for you to peruse. Please feel free to comment as to what you think is good, or bad, and I may or may not adjust it accordingly :)

Kraken Darkon Boat Battle Scenario
Special:- Adventure Rules in Effect (Spell Points reset between battles)
- No AOE on boats
- Lightning gains AOE in water
- Boats will not sink if hit with Warp Wood/Fireball
- Swimming in water permitted with Armor Rating 2 or less (Studded-No Armor) with nothing in hands. Also you may not have more than 1 limb lighted while swimming. If you sustain a second lighted limb or fall in with multiple lighted limbs, you will sink. Players must crawl as if climbing a wall, and are subject to missile fire only while in water.
- Players may physically jump from 1 boat to the next, provided they can make the jump. Falling in the water constitutes losing anything in your hands when you land, or sinking to your death if over AR 2 (chain or above).
- Items lost in water are gone for duration of battle. Arrows may not be retrieved, however spell balls are returned by Elders.
- Each team will have 1 flag, this flag may be used AFTER the battle is over to instantly rez 1 member of its team. You may only rez a player from the team the flag represents, this means it is possible to raise one of the “enemy”. Regular rez rules are in effect, so that person may decline the rez if they wish, either way the flag has 1 “charge”.
- When the battle is over, you have 5 minutes to rez and mend your team. You can only rez and mend the members of your own team, with the exception of 1 player rezed with the enemy flag. When this 5 minutes is over, all dead will be cleared from the ship, and the Kraken will reveal itself. The winning team now fights the Kraken, either killing the “head” or cutting off all the tentacles, and causing it to flee.

Two boats set up, approximately 5-6 feet from each other. Basic square style boats with a slightly curved “prow” of the ship, using ropes to mark the outline. At the opposite ends of the boats, a small “plank” is roped off, using different color string. This represents an indestructible, immovable, plank wherein 1 person at a time, may cross between ships.

Spells may be precast as if this were a land search event (pouches, enchant item, “pouch” spells, and headband armor). Lay on is called and both sides fight to the death. Adventure boat rules in play, wherein players in AR 2 or less may “swim” with nothing in their hands. Players may fight across the planks, or jump back and forth, or fight across the sides of the boats. Shield bashing into the water is permitted. If you are in AR2 armor or less, you lose anything in your hands when you land. If you are in AR3 or greater, you sink to your death. (Players killed in water may not be rezzed)

When a winner is decided, that team may use the 2 flags for rezes. You may only use a flag once, and you may only rez a member of the team the flag represents. As per the spell, they have the right to decline the rez, and the charge is spent. You now have FIVE MINUTES to prepare for the Kraken’s assault. Rez as many as your team as you can, mend your armor, sharpen your blades, and prepare for battle!

Why would I rez my enemy? You may ask (as Thrush did!) Well, in the eyes of a Kraken, you are all nothing but food. The winning team will now face the mighty beast that has been plucking off your warriors during the 2 team fight, and every sword counts! This will give 1 member of the losing team the opportunity to join your battle against the mighty beast. Perhaps he impressed you with the way he held the ship against your charging warriors, or perhaps she is an arcane power house that you think might turn the tide in your favor. Either way it is up to the winner’s who they choose (and they don’t have to choose anyone if they don’t want to). All of the rest of the dead will clear the field to watch the beast try to devour you.

In order to defeat the Kraken, you must either Kill the Head, or destroy its tentacles. If the Kraken has no more tentacles, it will dive under the water and flee. If you kill the head, it will die.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Zodiac89

Re: Something Fishy (The Kraken Scenario)

Post by Zodiac89 » 2013-02-26

This would be an awesome fight. You're a genius, Fingers!
Barknell: Druid, observing the realm, beholding the beauty of Mother Nature.
Every rose has its thorns, every book, a story.

Never suffer Betrayal.

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-02-26

Sounds awesome!
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-02-26

As per usual, you rule the scenarios sir...

Aka: Kraken Barrel.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-03-04

This sounds like a blast.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-03-04

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:As per usual, you rule the scenarios sir...

Aka: Kraken Barrel.

Thrush
berserk

Will it be like shooting krakens in a barrel?
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-03-05

That'd be a big *' barrel...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2013-03-12

Krakens are a myth.