The Scoundrel/ The Rogue

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Re: The Scoundrel/ The Rogue

Post by Snudge » 2013-03-12

I completely disagree that I could/should RP him the same as before. A large part of how I roleplay my characters is based around the skill set available to each one. If that skill set changes, so does the foundation of my character. I have an assassin character with a wholly different personality from Snudge. In my mind combining the classes to scoundrel will combine those two characters into a single entity. Which will no longer be Snudge, or Simon (my hitter), but rather a third creation for roleplay purposes. At least that's how I think of it
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-12

Im open to negotiations about assassination times. 2 hours was suggested as:

1. there will be a lot more people capable of assassinating IF they wish. Removing the suggestion of 2x Writs at lvl 20 of course would mitigate this. I personally find the idea of GMs to be a poor mechanic in the game. It promotes cliques and out of character grudges spill into the game.

2. two hours is a huge disadvantage to a team in an adventure setting, it is basically the entire day for a normal battle day since events dont start til 2pm, and people are tired of fighting by 4pm.

Would people be willing to compromise on 4 hour assassinations? That literally eliminates a character from normal adventure days, and most of the prime fighting during a campout. If you want them dead longer, kill them again. Its not impossible to assassinate someone, I used to do it all the time in some rather creative ways.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-12

Snudge wrote:I completely disagree that I could/should RP him the same as before. A large part of how I roleplay my characters is based around the skill set available to each one. If that skill set changes, so does the foundation of my character. I have an assassin character with a wholly different personality from Snudge. In my mind combining the classes to scoundrel will combine those two characters into a single entity. Which will no longer be Snudge, or Simon (my hitter), but rather a third creation for roleplay purposes. At least that's how I think of it

Well, as long as you don't LOSE any abilities (which you won't), there is no reason you can't RP on the same set of abilities you have BEEN playing on.

When you play your Assassin (I hate the term "hitter"), you can RP on the set of abilities you associate with that character.

Keep in mind that I can play my 27th rank Thief one day as Inox, a treasure hunter, and on another event day as Xoni, a street urchin. I mean, different costume would be a good idea, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING permanently binds character ranks to RP.

Also, how you choose to think of it isn't really a strong argument for restricting other people's choices, or how we can better our ruleset. Just sayin'.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-12

fingers630 wrote:Im open to negotiations about assassination times. 2 hours was suggested as:

1. there will be a lot more people capable of assassinating IF they wish. Removing the suggestion of 2x Writs at lvl 20 of course would mitigate this. I personally find the idea of GMs to be a poor mechanic in the game. It promotes cliques and out of character grudges spill into the game.

2. two hours is a huge disadvantage to a team in an adventure setting, it is basically the entire day for a normal battle day since events dont start til 2pm, and people are tired of fighting by 4pm.

Would people be willing to compromise on 4 hour assassinations? That literally eliminates a character from normal adventure days, and most of the prime fighting during a campout. If you want them dead longer, kill them again. Its not impossible to assassinate someone, I used to do it all the time in some rather creative ways.

Two hours is plenty. Four hours is more than the whole single day, at day adventures. If your goal of keeping a particular character out of a given scenario can't be accomplished in two hours, it's too large of a goal.

What's next as an assassination buff? They have to go home for the day when you kill them? :D
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

I was gonna say they are forced to serve in House Dubh for the day ;)

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-03-12

fingers630 wrote:I was gonna say they are forced to serve in House Dubh for the day ;)

Yeah, but then they get a sweet tabard and free food. And a tent!

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

-Inox- wrote:
fingers630 wrote:Im open to negotiations about assassination times. 2 hours was suggested as:

Two hours is plenty. Four hours is more than the whole single day, at day adventures. If your goal of keeping a particular character out of a given scenario can't be accomplished in two hours, it's too large of a goal.

What's next as an assassination buff? They have to go home for the day when you kill them? :D

They lose a level, clearly. And when they get to 0, perma-death!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Rank 1- Looting
Rank 2- Pick Pocket, Disguise
Rank 3- Backstab, Climb Walls
Rank 4- Read Languages, Open Locks
Rank 5- Find/Remove Traps
Rank 6- Interrogation (Torture)
Rank 7- Make Poison (Any type)
Rank 8- Assassinate (Write Writ 1x Day)
Rank 9- Read Magical Language (ability to cast from scrolls)
Rank 10- Guild Master / Master Thief
Rank 15- Detect Disguise, Rogue’s Pouch
Rank 20- Improved Open Locks, 2 x Writ per Adv Day, Remove Lvl Restriction from Interrogate

The Rogue
Rogue characters are masters of stealth and disguise. They are limited in their armor, shield, and weapon choices due to their need for stealth and agility.
Rogues may use any weapon except chained yellow weapons, black weapons, and any weapon exceeding 4' in length (Missile weapons are excluded from the 4' restriction). Rogues may garb themselves in any style of costume, from a wizard’s robes to silk and lace, but they must wear a skeleton key on their person as a symbol of their character type. Rogues may wear armor of no greater than AC2, and may use a shield of any shape, so long as it does not have any dimension exceeding 24”.

Rank 1:
All Rogues have the ‘Looting’ skill at 1st rank. This skill allows the Rogue to quickly search the dead bodies of other participants and NPCs for loot and treasure. To perform this skill, the Rogue must present his skeleton key to the dead body and ‘search’ each body part (head, torso, limbs) and any bags, pouches, etc., by naming the area to be searched. For example, the Rogue presents his key and says to the dead body, “I am a Rogue, here is my key. Do you have any treasure on your left arm?” Bags and pouches attached to the body location are considered part of that location. For example, a belt pouch secured to a person’s waist is considered to be part of the torso. However, if a shield or pouch is dropped away from the body, it must be looted separately. Once an area is searched, the dead creature must give the Rogue any ‘in‐play’ items he may have such as coin, Relics, maps, treasure, and so on. If a character or creature is mortally wounded, he is not affected by the Looting skill.

Rank 2:

At 2nd rank, a Rogue gains the 'Pick Pockets' skill. Unlike Looting, this skill allows the Rogue to steal objects from the bodies of living creatures. An Elder must be present for the Rogue to use this skill.

The Rogue will inform the Elder which item he is trying to steal (this may include a particular single item or the contents of a bag or pouch held by an individual), and from whom. The Rogue must then, in the witness of the Elder, place his hand on the item to be stolen or the specific area where the item(s) are contained (pouch, boot, shield, etc). The victim must not be aware of the attempt, and cannot be completely incapacitated (paralyzed, agony poisoned, Entangled, affected by Hold Person, etc.).

The time for which the Rogue must remain in contact varies by rank:
2nd – 10th: 15 seconds
11th – 19th: 10 seconds
20th+: 5 seconds

The Elder will give the Rogue a pre‐determined signal, which will signify that the task is complete. Sometime later, the Elder will inform the victim that he has been stolen from and retrieve from him the item that was stolen. The Elder will then give the item or
items to the Rogue in private.

At 2nd rank, a Rogue also gains the adventure-only skill of 'Disguise' with which he may Disguise himself as any race or character type that exists in the game. A Rogue may disguise himself as a member of another Country (i.e. wearing their surcoat) but may not disguise himself as a specific character.

When in disguise, the Rogue must wear some physical representation of the disguise,
for example armor, dress, robes, surcoat of another Country, etc. A Rogue will not gain any of the abilities of another character type he may be disguised as. However, the Disguise skill does allow the Rogue to exceed the armor and shield restrictions of his character. While in disguise, a Rogue may wear armor from up to the AC3 armor rating, and use any shield that does not have a dimension greater than 36". When a Rogue exceeds his armor/shield restrictions he cannot use any other Rogue abilities until 15 minutes after the armor and/or shield are removed.
This skill relies heavily on role-playing, both on the part of the Rogue, and the other players
surrounding him. Often, players will notice a disguise when the characters do not; all involved are encouraged to act as if the Rogue fits normally in his surroundings.

Rank 3:

At 3rd rank, a Rogue's agility allows him to 'Climb Walls.' The Rogue can climb any 'wall' of a Darkon structure (see Fortifications in Chapter Three), by lying flat on his stomach and, beginning at a distance of 10' from the wall, crawling to it. The Rogue can have nothing in his hands while climbing.

When he reaches the wall safely, the Rogue may enter the structure by simply passing
through the rope, tape or whatever is used to represent the wall itself. If a Rogue is caught climbing a wall, he may only be attacked with missile weapons or pole arms from inside the structure while on the wall, and, if hit, must take normal damage and drop from the wall landing outside the structure.

Any time a Rogue jumps or falls from a wall, he suffers a light wound to both legs,
regardless of armor and in addition to any other damage caused by a weapon hit.

Also at 3rd rank, a Rogue also gains the ability to 'Backstab.' Due to their stealth, Rogues may quietly approach their opponents from behind, allowing them an attack to a vulnerable spot. A Rogue may make one Backstab attack to their opponents' back (torso), which is the equivalent to two red attacks. This attack must be made as a surprise to the victim and can only be performed with a dagger.

Backstabbing results are as follows:
AC0: Death
AC1: Death
AC2: Death
AC3: Mortally Wounded
AC4: Armor Destroyed
Stoneskin: Death
Ironskin: Mortally Wounded
Steelskin: Protection Destroyed

Rank 4:

At 4th rank, a Rogue gains the ability to 'Open Locks.' This is a skill that allows a Rogue to open, or pick, locks or barred doors. Locks are rated from 1 (easy) to 15 (absurdly difficult) An Elder will determine the difficulty of the lock to be picked. This is a timed skill, in which the Rogue must have his hand on the lock he is attempting to open for a base of three minutes. For every difficulty level above the Rogue's rank, the Elder will add one minute to the time of the skill, up to a maximum of ten minutes. If the timed difficulty of a particular lock exceeds ten minutes, it is considered to be beyond the Rogue's ability and he may not open it.

The Elder may reduce the timed difficulty by 30 seconds for every difficulty level of the lock below the Rogue's rank, to a minimum of 30 seconds. Times on the chart are in minutes, except for listings of ‘30’, which refer to seconds. If there is only a black field, the lock cannot be opened by a thief of that rank.

(Insert chart from current rulebook)

At 4th rank, a Rogue also may 'Read Languages' other than the common Darkonian tongue, due to his increased worldly knowledge. This skill allows a Rogue to translate any written text into Darkonian by studying the written document for 15 minutes. This skill is adventure-only, and an Elder may be needed to divulge the knowledge obtained from the translation. Rogues may not use this skill to converse with, or understand the spoken word of, others; only written text may be translated.

Rank 5:

At 5th rank, a Rogue gains the adventure-only skill 'Find and Remove Traps.' This skill allows a Rogue to uncover potential traps on doors, locks, chests, etc., and disarm them. The Elder of the adventure will determine exactly what procedure a Rogue must follow in order to use this skill.

Rank 6:

At 6th rank, Rogues gain the skill to 'Interrogate or Torture’ another character in order to obtain information. To perform this skill, a Rogue must choose the victim from whom he wishes to extract information. This skill may not be applied to a mortally wounded character, but may be applied to a character with one or more light wounds.

The Rogue must then role-play the interrogation with the victim for five minutes. If the session is interrupted, all effects of the interrogation are canceled. Once the session is complete, the Rogue may ask his victim three ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions, and the victim must answers these to the best of his or her knowledge truthfully and literally. Only in character knowledge may be divulged, and then only if the victim knows the information sought.

After the question is asked and answered, the victim suffers a mortal wound and will die in five minutes if not healed. If the victim is healed, the Rogue may interrogate the victim further or the victim may be released.

Rogues may only torture characters of Equal to or lower rank than themselves.*

Rank 7:
At 7th rank, Rogues gain the ability to 'Make Poison' on adventures only. A Rogue may make five doses of any type of poison (see Poison in Chapter Seven) per adventure day. To make a dose of poison, the Rogue must announce his intention to the Magistrate or Marshal at the beginning of the adventure day. He then must supply the Magistrate or Marshal with a written Poison Writ stating the type of poison to be made, its effects, and duration. He must also pay the full cost of the poison.
The Magistrate or Marshal will sign the Writ and give it to the Thief. Poison charts can be found in Chapter Seven: Special Items.
Rank 8:

At 8th rank, a Rogue may be commissioned to ‘Assassinate’ another character during adventures. Assassinations are the only means of removing another character from an adventure for longer than the normal 12 minutes allowed for death. To perform an assassination, a Rogue must first obtain a Writ of Assassination.

A Writ may only be obtained in one of two ways:
First, it may be acquired from one of the three Guildmasters of the Assassin’s Guilds in Darkon. The Rogue must obtain a Writ with the character name of the victim to be assassinated and the mark of the Guildmaster.
The second way is for a Rogue to write his own writ, which must then be signed by the Magistrate. A rogue may only write ONE such writ per adventure day,
A Writ is only valid for the event during which it is written. Once the Writ is obtained, the Rogue is free to assassinate his victim.
An assassination can only be performed with a dagger, an arrow, or by poison. The Rogue must strike his victim with a blow that would cause at least a mortal wound. Once the assassination is performed, the Writ must be left with the victim. If the assassination
is performed with an arrow, the Writ must be tied to the shaft of the arrow.
Assassinations may also be performed with death class poison (see Poison in Chapter Seven); however, the Writ must still be left with the victim. All rules regarding Resurrection apply to assassination victims.
Any assassinated character may not return to play for 2 hours unless resurrected through magical means.
Assassinated players are permitted to play any other of their characters, or play a 1st rank Fighter, for the next 2 hours.

Rank 9:

At 9th rank, Rogues gain the ability to 'Read Magical Languages' as an adventure-only skill. In addition to reading normal languages, a Rogue may now translate magical texts, and can read and cast any scroll. The Rogue reads the scroll just as a caster would, and may then immediately cast the spell written on the scroll, following normal rules for scroll reading and spell casting.

Rank 10:

At 10th Rank, the Rogue becomes a Master Thief, and his “looting” skill improves. From now on, when he loots, all locations (and nearby dropped items) are searched at once. The Rogue must present his Skeleton key to the dead body and say “I am a Master Thief, and here is my key. Do you have any treasure?”
All items must then be given to the Rogue as per the Looting rules listed at Rank 1.
Also at 10th rank, a Rogue may attempt to become a ‘Guildmaster’. To become a Guildmaster, a Rogue must assassinate an existing Guildmaster per the normal rules for assassinations in order to inherit his Guild. Alternatively, Guildmasters may freely transfer their Guild to another Rogue player (provided they are of at least 10th Rank)

A Guildmaster is the only character in the game that may issue an unlimited number of Writs of Assassination. There are only three Guildmasters in Darkon, and the Magistrate must always be informed of the identity of each Guildmaster.

Rank 15:

At 15th rank, Rogues gain the adventure-only skill 'Detect Disguises.' This skill allows a higher level Rogue to see that a person may not be what or whom they claim by noticing flaws in that person's disguise. They are not able detect the actual identity of the disguised character, just that they are indeed, in disguise.
This skill can be employed after interacting with the suspect, or observing the suspect interact with another character, for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds the Rogue states to the suspect, "I am an nth rank Rogue. Are you in disguise?" The player must then answer honestly and continue acting as they were. The act of asking if the player is in disguise is considered out-of-game, but the "observation" must be in-game.
Also at 15th rank, a Rogue gains the skill of “Rogue’s Pouch.” In order to use this skill, the Thief must have on his person a rectangular black cloth pouch with a white key painted or embroidered on the outside. This pouch must be no more than 3" x 4", must lay flat
when empty (no appreciable thickness/depth), and must be made of a non‐stretchy fabric.
The following items may be legally be placed in the Pouch: coin, potions, poisons, scrolls, and miscellaneous wealth (gems, nuggets of gold, etc.).

Anything that is legally placed in the Pouch cannot be Looted or found via any sort of search, and only the Rogue to whom the Pouch belongs may touch or interact with the Pouch or its contents in any way. The one exception to this is the Pick Pockets ability. A
Pick-pocketing Rogue may inform an Elder that they are targeting a specific character's Pouch, and then go through the pick-pocketing motions as normal.

You may not use the Pouch to store Relics, Writs of Assassination, or any item unique to a given Adventure (if it's worth points or otherwise advances the plot). Whether any given item fits in this category is entirely at an event Elder's discretion.

Rank 20:

At 20th rank, the Open Locks ability of a Rogue improves. The Rogue may now open or bypass any magical lock or portal (even items affected by Hold Portal). The Rogue must have his hand on the lock for 60 seconds before it can be opened.

At an Elder’s discretion, this ability does not function against locks and portals for which a specific means of entry is part of the Adventure plot.

At 20th rank, the Rogue may also produce a second Writ of Assassination per adventure day. All requirements from the level 8 ability still apply.

Finally at 20th Rank, the level requirement of Interrogate is Removed.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

That is what I was thinking. Of course we could do away with the 2x Writ if that is over powered, and possibly Rogue's Pouch. What do people besides Snudge who hates it think? :)

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Wouldn't ironskin be death now as red through leather is death and BS is two reds?
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Not sure its a cut and paste from rulebook

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

fingers630 wrote:Not sure its a cut and paste from rulebook

Probably overlooked then. When they changed the armor rules, they probably fixed all of the stuff about actual armor classes, forgetting to even think about the old monk class. I know that when backstab was rewritten a few years ago it specifically was written so that it counts as two separate red attacks. So 1 = iron skin, and the second goes through leather, causing death.

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2013-03-13

Inox, just so I'm not misunderstanding your response. What you are saying regarding your level 27 thief is that one day you play him as Inox, a treasure hunter and on another day you play him as Xoni a street urchin. Niether of which is a disguise? But because there isn't a rule requirement saying you have to keep the same character linked to class/credits, it shouldn't matter if this change goes through and I could continue to play Snudge/Simon however I want as there is nothing binding me to class/credits even now?

In essence I would have two characters that are personality and country wise completely different. But in terms of the credit DB would be a singular 60+ rogue, the only difference between them now being what garb I've got on and how I'm roleplaying.

Just trying to get my head around the idea
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-03-13

I don't believe there is a rule that says you have to link your credits to a single character.

For example, I play my ranger as Lord Valfryn in his "scouting gear". If one day I decide that I want to play as a good guy... I can play that 25 ranger as Gilwain, the Wood Elf.

Now if i'm playing as one (Valfryn the scout), and he gets assassinated... that CHARACTER and CHARACTER SHEET are destroyed. So I cannot play any of my incarnations of Valfryn (because the Character got aced) nor any character from that character sheet. So since I cannot play as valfryn at all.. I would have to invent another persona, to play as a Cav- Lord Dukington for the rest of the event.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-03-13

Lord Valfryn wrote:I don't believe there is a rule that says you have to link your credits to a single character.

For example, I play my ranger as Lord Valfryn in his "scouting gear". If one day I decide that I want to play as a good guy... I can play that 25 ranger as Gilwain, the Wood Elf.

Now if i'm playing as one (Valfryn the scout), and he gets assassinated... that CHARACTER and CHARACTER SHEET are destroyed. So I cannot play any of my incarnations of Valfryn (because the Character got aced) nor any character from that character sheet. So since I cannot play as valfryn at all.. I would have to invent another persona, to play as a Cav- Lord Dukington for the rest of the event.

Yeah, same here. I have credits in fighter, but I play Occultus Vates (usually a ranger) or Ursus Polaris (usually a cleric) as a fighter sometimes. The difference is RP and how I approach fighting and situations, and garb. Weapon choice sometimes is part of it as well.

And I know that Inox, yourself and myself are not the only three people that do this, either. There must be more.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-03-13

I have a hard time keeping my fighters apart.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-13

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:
fingers630 wrote:Not sure its a cut and paste from rulebook

Probably overlooked then. When they changed the armor rules, they probably fixed all of the stuff about actual armor classes, forgetting to even think about the old monk class. I know that when backstab was rewritten a few years ago it specifically was written so that it counts as two separate red attacks. So 1 = iron skin, and the second goes through leather, causing death.

You are correct!

The new chart should be (for armor at full points):

AC0: Death
AC1: Death
AC2: Death
AC4: Armor Destroyed
Stoneskin: Death
Ironskin: Death
Steelskin: Protection Destroyed

Also, the Read Languages time is not currently 15 minutes. In fact, I have a proposal I am potentially going to submit that changes that a bit:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7dfdwevHToiUUhRMFdmZE1XSUk/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: I am happy to modify the ranks in my proposal to match what you've got here!
Last edited by Inox on 2013-03-13, edited 1 time in total.
Beast of BABALON

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-13

Snudge wrote:Inox, just so I'm not misunderstanding your response. What you are saying regarding your level 27 thief is that one day you play him as Inox, a treasure hunter and on another day you play him as Xoni a street urchin. Niether of which is a disguise? But because there isn't a rule requirement saying you have to keep the same character linked to class/credits, it shouldn't matter if this change goes through and I could continue to play Snudge/Simon however I want as there is nothing binding me to class/credits even now?

In essence I would have two characters that are personality and country wise completely different. But in terms of the credit DB would be a singular 60+ rogue, the only difference between them now being what garb I've got on and how I'm roleplaying.

This is 100% correct, although Xoni is just a hypothetical; I don't have that character.

However, you can totally use the same set of class ranks to RP different characters on different days.
Beast of BABALON

Calus
Darkonian

Post by Calus » 2013-03-14

I like this idea. Combine the two for simplicities sake. Why have two rogueish classes when you can just be a rogue and decide how to play from a wider spectrum of talents? And really, to say that a revamp of abilities affects your RP style is blowing things way out of proportion. You don't see fighters complaining about having to be combat medics because they can bandage.

By that theory we should make Dark Paladins, Barbarians, Musketeers, Swashbucklers, Fire Wizards, etc, etc just to cover every personality type.

This, in my opinion, is very much in line with the recent armor change. Consolidate what is already there.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-03-14

-Inox- wrote:
Snudge wrote:Inox, just so I'm not misunderstanding your response. What you are saying regarding your level 27 thief is that one day you play him as Inox, a treasure hunter and on another day you play him as Xoni a street urchin. Niether of which is a disguise? But because there isn't a rule requirement saying you have to keep the same character linked to class/credits, it shouldn't matter if this change goes through and I could continue to play Snudge/Simon however I want as there is nothing binding me to class/credits even now?

This is 100% correct, although Xoni is just a hypothetical; I don't have that character.

However, you can totally use the same set of class ranks to RP different characters on different days.

Wonderful.

From now on when I am assassinated as Bendore the Thief (for the record, level 58 and highest in the game) I will come out as Erodneb the Thief (same credits and class).

Anyone else just think that is stupid?? I don't want to stifle the one character multiple classes stuff but the above scenario is asinine.

Ooops....de-railed...

I support the combining of the classes....my above statements are a separate issue.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-14

I had always assumed it to be the class that was assassinated. Hence if you assassinated Fingers while I was playing my Mage, I would head back to camp and come back as any of my other classes. Just because some of them happen to also be Fingers is irrelevant. I could not come back and play a Mage (unless of course I had earned credits for a second Mage).

You might be confused, that you see Fingers on the field, now wearing armor. And I would roleplay that I have no idea what was going on if you came up and confronted me about it.

I could see it going the other way as well though, and in that case, Id have to rename all my characters I suppose. I find it more convenient to play as Fingers though, as it is annoying when someone yells "FINGERS!" 10x and I have to reiterate "Im not fingers, Im toes."

Back on topic, do you feel the class gets "too many" abilities? I mean they dont get a bunch of spells like spell casting classes, and several abilities are completely out of game related (finding traps, opening locks etc dont affect PCs much directly). Ive also been told by an assassin my proposal would be supported by assassins if I made assassinate 6 hour duration, which while I would be fine with for Campouts, I feel ruins completely day events.

TitusV
Darkonian

Post by TitusV » 2013-03-14

Just a thought here. What if the assassinate ability functions on the class? If you get assassinated you can come back as a new character of lvl 1 in the class you were assassinated in or any other character/class you have.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-14

I believe it is currently "any other class you have credits in, or a lvl 1 fighter".

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2013-03-14

Lord Dubh wrote:
-Inox- wrote:

Wonderful.

From now on when I am assassinated as Bendore the Thief (for the record, level 58 and highest in the game) I will come out as Erodneb the Thief (same credits and class).

Anyone else just think that is stupid?? I don't want to stifle the one character multiple classes stuff but the above scenario is asinine.

Ooops....de-railed...

I support the combining of the classes....my above statements are a separate issue.

I prefer the way others clarified it, like Valfryn: When you get assassinated, it wipes out both your current character (persona) and class. So, if Kobalos the Thief gets assassinated, I can neither play Kobalos the Fighter, nor Dorkypants the Thief.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-03-14

Lord Dubh wrote:
-Inox- wrote:

Wonderful.

Ooops....de-railed...

Nope, your Character AND your CHARACTER SHEET are assassinated. Both go down the drain. If you have ANOTHER thief character, you may play that one as anyone you want (so long as it isn't bendore, because he got assassinated). Kobolos knows what's up.