The Scoundrel/ The Rogue

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Inox
Knight of the Realm

Re: The Scoundrel/ The Rogue

Post by Inox » 2013-03-14

Lord Dubh wrote:Wonderful.

From now on when I am assassinated as Bendore the Thief (for the record, level 58 and highest in the game) I will come out as Erodneb the Thief (same credits and class).

That is stupid. It's also not at all what I was saying.

If you get Assassinated, you lose those ranks, as well as the persona you were playing, for 24 hours. I've been very clear on this many, many times.

That has nothing to do with what you start as each event.

Whenever you are eligible to play a given set of ranks in a class, you decide how you RP them each day. On any old day, you could not RP your Thief as Bendore and instead play him as, say, Aethelwulf. ;D Now, if Aethelwulf gets assassinated, the Thief ranks are gone for the day, as is the Aethelwulf persona.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-03-19

Rules just say the character is gone. Nothing is mentioned about the levels, class or anything.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-19

Vague rules about a dumb ability? Shocking! I can most assuredly FIX that in the proposal. What should it read?
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-19

Both the persona you were RPing and the Class/Rank combination that you were playing are unavailable for the duration of the Assassination effect.
Beast of BABALON

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-25

Can we get this on the Senate agenda, Fingers? I surely cosign.
Beast of BABALON

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-03-27

the reason we are semi immortal is because this realm is watched over by the Great Phoenix. DUH. (couldnt resist)

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-03-27

Pope Faleris I wrote:the reason we are semi immortal is because this realm is watched over by the Great Phoenix. DUH. (couldnt resist)

Wrong. It is we Ascended and sent back/foward in time to defend Talera...er Darkon.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

President

Post by President » 2013-03-27

Lord Dubh wrote:
Pope Faleris I wrote:the reason we are semi immortal is because this realm is watched over by the Great Phoenix. DUH. (couldnt resist)

Wrong. It is we Ascended and sent back/foward in time to defend Talera...er Darkon.

Your both wrong. We're already in Valhalla.

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-03-28

I see ZERO scantilly clad valkyries. NONE. I have looked everywhere, I assure you. I am willing to continue this debate over a brew however.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-03-28

Selvetarglin are immortal due to the fact that our souls are on loan to the Spider Prince himself. He trades us immortality for service in his works (war, pain, y'know, the usual). Once he determines that you have failed him enough, he shreds your soul for eternity.

"Die in the service of Selvetarm, or die trying."

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-31

Need at least 1 other Co Signer before I can submit.

Also, I am willing to put 2 options for assassinate, 2 hours and 4 hours. Is this acceptable with people? Senate can decide which is preferred.

Also I am willing to drop the 2nd writ at lvl 20 if people think it is too powerful. I just personally think the Guildmaster system of darkon is stupid so would rather not rely on one, but again it isn't game breaking for me either way.

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2013-03-31

-cosign

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-02

Ok I am working on the final draft for this proposal to go to Senate May 5th. I have the following as cosigners:

Inox
Bendore
Gor of Asaheim
Michael McDuffee

There are a couple final things I want to iron out. I will be submitting the proposal that is listed on page 3 of this thread, however I wanted to clarify Torture/Interrogation:

Do we want this to function like speak with dead (3 yes or no questions) or like truth speak (1 question, detailed answer)?

Assassination: I will submit this with a 2 hour duration, however I will also include a 4 hour duration, if Senate/The Realm feels this is more fair, does anyone have a problem with this? Also included in the description of assassination, I will state the following:

An assassinated player may play any of his other character personas or classes other than the one assassinated. If the player does not have any other classes/personas, he or she may then make up a new persona and play as a rank 1 fighter for the duration of the assassination.
For example, if I Thom Hitz am playing Fingers the Mage, and I am assassinated, for the duration of the assassination, I may not play my rank X mage that was assassinated, nor may I return to play as Fingers for that same period of time as any other class. I could however any of my other classes and use a different persona while playing them, or I could play a 1st rank fighter.

Next, I will put a caveat on the Guild Masters of the Realm, stating that they must check in as their Guild Master character at least once every 4 months, in order to keep the Guild. Failure to do so will result in the Guild going defunct, much like a Country that fails to field, and an event will be held to choose a new Guild Master sponsored by the Magistrate and Event Marshall.

Finally, the rank 20 ability to write a second writ of assassination. I will mark this as line item veto. If senate feels a second writ is too powerful without a Guild Master, they may veto that one line, and still pass the proposal.

Any last thoughts?

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-04-02

fingers630 wrote:There are a couple final things I want to iron out. I will be submitting the proposal that is listed on page 3 of this thread, however I wanted to clarify Torture/Interrogation:

Do we want this to function like speak with dead (3 yes or no questions) or like truth speak (1 question, detailed answer)?

Might as well leave it as it is, with the one detailed question.

fingers630 wrote:Assassination: I will submit this with a 2 hour duration, however I will also include a 4 hour duration, if Senate/The Realm feels this is more fair, does anyone have a problem with this? Also included in the description of assassination, I will state the following:

I think it's good to have differing durations. You may also want to have the vote for Rogue as a whole be independent of the vote specifically on changing Assassination duration. I'd hate to see the good idea as a whole fail because we are still fighting over Assassination times.

That is: Passing the Rogue leaves Assassination unchanged. We can also vote to change it to X or Y.

fingers630 wrote:Next, I will put a caveat on the Guild Masters of the Realm, stating that they must check in as their Guild Master character at least once every 4 months, in order to keep the Guild. Failure to do so will result in the Guild going defunct, much like a Country that fails to field, and an event will be held to choose a new Guild Master sponsored by the Magistrate and Event Marshall.

DEFINITELY make this a separate vote.

fingers630 wrote:Finally, the rank 20 ability to write a second writ of assassination. I will mark this as line item veto. If senate feels a second writ is too powerful without a Guild Master, they may veto that one line, and still pass the proposal.

Any last thoughts?

Yes, all of the above except Torture should be line-item separable things.
Beast of BABALON

Rukario

Post by Rukario » 2013-04-02

Hello, i have a question on this matter. If someone has both a thief of 10th level and an assassin of 8th level what would become of all the credits put into each class?

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-04-02

It is my understanding that once you can check in as a scoundrel/rogue, you would have an 18th lvl scoundrel/rogue. 10thief+8assassin=18rogue
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-04-02

You could just have two rogues of the appropriate level. I guess they'll let you make that choice.

Tsukebe

Post by Tsukebe » 2013-04-02

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:You could just have two rogues of the appropriate level. I guess they'll let you make that choice.

I'm certain our current Secretary would let you keep 2 characters of the same class, there are already players with 2 Assassins of 10+ level for the second writ, and players with 2 mages, and players with 2+ Clerics for holy weapons...

I say let players choose between several options when this passes:

1: roll together all their credits to form one high level character.

2: move any number of credits into any existing class - for those so disturbed by the merger they simply cannot play the class anymore.

3: Allow the player to choose distribute the total number of credits they have between all thief/assassin characters into any number of 'scoundrel' character(s).

Notably the 3rd option has a great potential for abuse since a level 57 thief and a level 3 assassin could be re-combined into 3 level 20 scoundrels...
[hr]
[move][font=center]Contact Me[/font][/move]
[hr]

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

I have no problem with that. Also I dont see the big thing with 3 lvl 20 scoundrels. The only time it comes into play is if one gets assassinated and you can play another. /shrug. As long as you arent cheating and having yourself assassinated, whats the issue? And anyone I find doing that will be reported to the EB/NC for cheating.

Tsukebe

And for the record - getting yourself assassinated for 2 hours would make having multiple classes somewhat redundant, drastically reducing the playability of multiple mages and assassins... Further cleaning up the meta-cheese that permeates the assassinate ability.
[hr]
[hr]

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Getting yourself assassinated will get you literally pissed on by me should I find out. I mean I will literally come to your camp, and urinate on you.

Tsukebe

Kinky! Is that a threat... or a promise!?!?!?

Now I gotta go find an assassin-man-thingy...
[hr]
[hr]

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-03

Sometimes I swear my urine smells like steamed shrimp.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-11

So after talking with some people at the last event, it came up that their major reason for voting against this is that they have invested time into different personas for their Thief Characters, and their Assassin characters, and don't want to lose them.

I am still unsure of what I need to say to get them to grasp that they could in fact keep both characters, as two separate Rogues, and Roleplay them exactly the same as they used to. Neither class is losing abilities in this proposal, both classes are actually gaining them, but no one is forcing you to use them.

For example:

Fingers the Thief is rank 10. Pinkies the Assassin is rank 5. Rogue proposal goes through. Now I have the option of combining my ranks, and playing Fingers the rank 15 Rogue. OR according to the Magistrate's post about different personas and classes, I could play him as Pinkies the rank 15 Rogue one event, and Fingers the rank 15 rogue another event (though if assassinated, i would lose the whichever persona I was playing + the rank 15 rogue for X hours). OR I could in face just keep the two classes/personas separate, and have Fingers the Rank 10 rogue, and Pinkies the Rank 5 rogue.

If you wanted your rogue to not assassinate people, hey, dont assassinate people. Its fairly simple. I dont like Chainmail. My Ranger has the ability to wear it, and its better than Ringmail, but I dont use it. No one is forcing me to use it.

This leads to roleplaying opportunities:
Guy 1: See that guy over there? That's Bendore.
Guy 2: I dont trust him, he's a Rogue, they assassinate people.
Guy 1: What are you talking about? Ive known Bendore 10 years, and Ive never seen him assassinate a single person. Stop making generalizations you Classist.

/end scene

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-04-11

Yeah, the persona argument falls flat with me as well. I think you should get this to Senate.
Beast of BABALON