Proposal - Sunset Event Prizes

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Proposal - Sunset Event Prizes

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-05-09

Set a date for the expiration of certain types of event prizes. Like the monster slaying guilds.

I am sure there are others that should as well but I dont know them all...
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: Proposal - Sunset Event Prizes

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-09

Expiration date, limit number of participants or make it elder's discretion and hope you get to use it. Id also like to see a "Tome of Magic Items" wherein personal magic items are listed, along with guesstimated creation date, powers, and whom gave it to you.

A Giant Slayer/Undead Slayer guild is fine if you limited it to "5 members of controlling country gain the following abilities during any land search...."

You can also put a note in there "this prize may also be used during any Adventure with permission from the Head Elder for that event".

1 year expirations are great for more "Powerful" things, like the Sunblade Soulo had from our campout, or the Undead Killing banner that Kindred had.

It would be nice to have somewhere to look even if just listed on this site to see all the magic items floating around.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

i think those are great policies for the Board to implement...

but I want to see the CURRENT prized removed. People have just been bitching about them too much and Elders are constantly forgetting about them and having to accomodate.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-05-09

Lord Dubh wrote:i think those are great policies for the Board to implement...

but I want to see the CURRENT prized removed. People have just been * about them too much and Elders are constantly forgetting about them and having to accomodate.

If people bitch about them, oh well, tell them to cry some more.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-05-09

Avlis started some sort of "Tome of Magic Items" type thing, If I am not mistaken, during his Secretary days.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2013-05-09

Disagree..... And I will say that because I and my country have (as said before) policed the guild with out being asked long before any problems were leveled. And hosts have be asked if they will allow the gsg. And most have denied but allowed others guild, with next to no complaints from us. I did state to Laconia that it was * to allow three and not ours. When explained why it was understood.
We have made it part of our country and RP it.
Tell us the ones that you have heard complaints about and we can address them here.
And in a hilarious twist of karma, looking at my records.... Do you know what monster on the chart that Ched Nasad has lost to the most?
GIANTS.... Because if found on the hex, we force ourselves to fight them. Including the people in The country that haven't earned the right to guild.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

I put this forth because I don't have a dog in this fight and it will settle things, hopefully for a long time to come or at least until I retire from the game.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-05-09

LordTyrantCort wrote:And in a hilarious twist of karma, looking at my records.... Do you know what monster on the chart that Ched Nasad has lost to the most?
GIANTS.... Because if found on the hex, we force ourselves to fight them. Including the people in The country that haven't earned the right to guild.

Yeah... like last event... you all definately shouldve sent at least one GS against Gor & I as Hill Giants last event... :P
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2013-05-09

prizes that were approved by the EB at the time and don't have time limitations should not have them added to said prize after the fact. But I completely support an inventory being taken of prizes just so we have a list of them
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Pass or fail. The purpose of the proposal is accomplished.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-10

LordTyrantCort wrote:Disagree..... And I will say that because I and my country have (as said before) policed the guild with out being asked long before any problems were leveled. And hosts have be asked if they will allow the gsg. And most have denied but allowed others guild, with next to no complaints from us. I did state to Laconia that it was * to allow three and not ours. When explained why it was understood.
We have made it part of our country and RP it.
Tell us the ones that you have heard complaints about and we can address them here.
And in a hilarious twist of karma, looking at my records.... Do you know what monster on the chart that Ched Nasad has lost to the most?

I actually applaud ched for policing the GSG, even though I still think it should be limited to 5 people :)

No caps on the "guilds" break the Land search mechanic, especially when you can pick and choose what you fight with a high enough level Ranger. Why wouldnt Aq choose the Undead chart when they can slaughter ANY encounter on it with 4 people?

Personally I blame the people who came up with the prizes and the EB that approved them with 0 limitations, but that is neither here nor there. Stuck with them now. Horray.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-05-10

Lord Dubh wrote:Pass or fail. The purpose of the proposal is accomplished.

I second the proposal for just that reason. Let this topic have it's moment in a Senate discussion and let the chips fall where they may. Then the topic will be decided... for a time, at least. :lol:
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Tsukebe

Post by Tsukebe » 2013-05-13

I'm also all for this idea.

It has been being seriously kicked around since BEFORE 2008 when I wrote the idea up for submission to the senate for the first time.

The only difference I'd like to see added is a simple way of saying that any asset can be maintained by having it voted for at senate. (IE - Undead slayers guild must be renewed by senate every 24 months, in addition to any in-game upkeep.)

SEE:
http://darkonsunofficialmessageboard.yu ... ZFXDOjD_IU
[hr]
[move][font=center]Contact Me[/font][/move]
[hr]