Open Cavalier Class

Forum for the discussion of proposals people would like to make.
Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Re: Open Cavalier Class

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-07-23

-Inox- wrote:
Lord Valfryn wrote:I tell you what: here's how I'd do it IF it had to be done..
Cav spells and abilities sit on top of whatever class the OSW winner plays ( or whatever they fought with, dunno something like that)

New "Cav players" play as per the book, enforced by nobles. Literally in command of their players IC. We as nobles have the right to demand better RP/ Garb/ Gameplay from Cav players, punishable by expulsion from the "cavalier order" or some *.

Now we're cooking with gas.

1.) OSW members get Cav abilities (rank abilities only, not weapons or armor or what not) that sit on top of whatever class they are playing.

2.) Open the Cavalier class.

3.) NC members can vote to issue a warning (and subsequent class expulsion) to players who continue to display very low standards of garb, RP, or sportsmanship as Cavaliers.

That seems fair.

Why should what is materially a safety board issue warnings on garb and following the rules that have nothing to do with safety?

Shouldn't the BoD handle that one?

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-07-23

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:
-Inox- wrote:
Cav spells and abilities sit on top of whatever class the OSW winner plays ( or whatever they fought with, dunno something like that)

New "Cav players" play as per the book, enforced by nobles. Literally in command of their players IC. We as nobles have the right to demand better RP/ Garb/ Gameplay from Cav players, punishable by expulsion from the "cavalier order" or some *.

1.) OSW members get Cav abilities (rank abilities only, not weapons or armor or what not) that sit on top of whatever class they are playing.

3.) NC members can vote to issue a warning (and subsequent class expulsion) to players who continue to display very low standards of garb, RP, or sportsmanship as Cavaliers.

That seems fair.

Why should what is materially a safety board issue warnings on garb and following the rules that have nothing to do with safety?

Shouldn't the BoD handle that one?

Valid point. Who is in the best position to enforce Cav requirements? The BoD seems like it should have more serious things to discuss than which Cav slacked on their tunic last Sunday.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-07-23

-Inox- wrote:

That seems fair.

I agree

*edit*
To further Role Play in the game, perhaps all Existing Cavaliers should sit on a board and "Judge" the offending individual to see if he/she remains worthy of the Cavalier reward. If they are deemed unworthy, they should lose the status/abilities for say 1 year. At which time, they may then petition the Board of Cavaliers for reinstatement.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-07-23

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:Why should what is materially a safety board issue warnings on garb and following the rules that have nothing to do with safety?

Except it's not. We also evaluate, as one of our main duties, the fitness of prospective Nobles. Many characteristics are taken into account, including how someone plays the game.

As an group long experienced in these sort of discussions, and with the institutional memory an annually elected Board or changeable-by-event Senate does not possess, the NC is perfectly suited.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-07-23

I really think that people should just stop whining and petition to fight for OSW, and earn the damn class. Get some swank garb, train up in your fighting styles and do it to it. Those of us who have this class had to work really hard to get it, just giving it away seems kinda unjust.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~