Rulebook

Ask your rule questions here, players and officials will respond. Questions that turn into proposal discussions will be moved to the Proposal Discussion forum.
Zentor

Rulebook

Post by Zentor » 2013-09-06

It is kinda September. Why isnt the July 1 rulebook posted on the Darkon page yet?

Zentor

Re: Rulebook

Post by Zentor » 2013-10-04

It is now October 4th. This is getting ridiculous. Where is the July 1 rulebook?

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-10-06

The updates for rule changes have been clearly posted as they became legal and yes the current rulebook does not reflect the changes - yet.

Saying its ridiculous does not help it to get it changed :)

The site admins that run the site need to cross reference the changes and add them to the online rulebook. Typically this is done at end of year and till then under the official announcements again it is clearly posted.

I will ask the site admins to update the information as they are able and as they are volunteers (like everyone who is helping to keep the game running) thank you to them for taking the time to do this when they are able.

Cailen
2013 magistrate
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-10-06

To be fair, this is NOT typically done at the end of the year. It's typically done any time new rules goes into effect (that is, July 1st & January 1st).

There is no reason why one can't cut & paste the new rules into the Word doc rulebook, print it as PDF, and put it up on the website. It takes so little time.

Personally, I used to do this as an EB member (and I wasn't even Secretary!), and have it posted THE DAY the new rules were in effect. Anything passed was passed long before the actual "go live" day, so there's no reason it can't be done ahead of time.

Operating with an un-updated rulebook in the 4th month since they went into effect is just silly.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-10-06

So, if the EB can't currently manage the task, send me the doc and the new rules, and I will happily update it just so we can get it done.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-10-06

The EB can manage the task but to my knowledge no eb member is a admin on the site that the rules are posted on... thank you for stepping up and offering to do it Inox but if you are not a admin for that site ... then any admin that has access to that site please contact me so that we can get this done.

Again thank you for offering Inox.
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-10-12

FWIW

What I gave the Board when I resigned from my appointed position included a July 2013 rulebook with the changes I was told about. I was NOT told what failed and so some of that was included but only need to be removed.

And I call * on the whole admin thing. I provided all that to the people that needed it months ago.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Havoc
Squire of the Realm

Post by Havoc » 2013-10-12

I have the master copy. Have just been waiting on rules update from the Magistrate. Once I have that information the updated copy will be posted.

Again sorry for any delays.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-10-13

Thank you Havoc, please either send me the master copy I can update it then send it back to you for review and posting or you can use the posted updates that have been posted in the official sections of this forum and then send it to me to verify its accuracy before posting it officially. Again thank you!

Havoc
Squire of the Realm

Post by Havoc » 2013-10-13

I'll send the master copy to you tonight.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-10-13

thank you - and again thank you Zentor for bringing this to light

Magistrate

Post by Magistrate » 2013-10-16

update - I now have the digital rulebook and am in the process of making the changes - I will have another person look at it after I am done then it will be posted ... been slammed with life and work so will take me a few days to complete

Thank you for your patience,
Cailen

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-11-09

modified the electronic rulebook I received with all the updates but then Inox noticed on review of other parts of that copy that there were some items in it that did not pass threw senate yet - so it is being worked on just wanted to give a heads up

Magistrate

Post by Magistrate » 2013-11-12

Just a heads up the rulebook I received to modify had sections in it that had not yet been brought before senate Inox caught it upon review (thank you) - so I am taking the online one copying it to a word file if I can then updating it so it has not fallen threw the crack only the crack got bigger :)

Hope to have it done in 2 days

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2014-01-02

So no new rulebook yet either. Is it going to take more than 6 months to update the not quite complete version for July 1 2013 to the Jan 1 2014 version?

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-01-02

Now now Zentor. Magistrate said 2 months...oh wait, that was days =P
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-01-02