shield symbols

Ask your rule questions here, players and officials will respond. Questions that turn into proposal discussions will be moved to the Proposal Discussion forum.
Brignac

shield symbols

Post by Brignac » 2013-11-10

Hey guys a myself and a group of friends are planning on checking Darkon out in the coming weeks and I have a question pertaining to things that can go on a shield.

Do symbols on my shield have to corolate to my country or can I put essentially anything I'd like on my shield?

Now I'm also unsure if shields are usable by newbies or not so I may have the 5 sessions wait until I can even use a shield but I'd like to know for future reference

alice

Re: shield symbols

Post by alice » 2013-11-11

Monk characters strive for rigorous physical and mental discipline. Due to their intense reliance on order, they must be of lawful alignment whether good, neutral, or evil, and they must always remain true to their alignment. Monks may use any weapons except shieldbreaking weapons, bows, and crossbows. Monks may not wear any armor or use any type of shield.

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-11-11

You can have anything you would like on your shield. As long as it follows the rules on shields and is safe your good to go.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Brignac

Post by Brignac » 2013-11-11

Thanks for the Help Tyriel! :D and alice im not sure if that was a campaign for me to be a monk lol but that info is useful as well :)

Brignac

Post by Brignac » 2013-11-11

Also can noobies wear shields the first 5 matches?

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2013-11-11

"Designs, if any, on shields may be reflective of the country heraldry or personal heraldry of the bearer. However, shields can be blank or have other designs as the participant desires. Participants may not use heraldry of a country, knight or Master/Mistress to 16 which they are not affiliated on their shield or person. Shields may not be solid yellow or solid bright green, as they are reserved for magic shields and relics.
Livery rules can be suspended for new participants for their first 5 Darkon events, allowing them time to join or form a country or join a retinue in the Realm of Darkon."

Dont use a green or yellow shield, make it safe for combat, and you can use one during your first 5 events. If you never made a full contact foam combat shield I recommend you attend an event and see what they look like before spending money to build your own. You can get a lot of construction questions answered and many veterens have extra shield you can borrow or additional weapons you could use.
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-11-13

Yes, you can use a shield during your first five events.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."