Druids can wear padded armor right?

Ask your rule questions here, players and officials will respond. Questions that turn into proposal discussions will be moved to the Proposal Discussion forum.
MuhammadTheMage

Druids can wear padded armor right?

Post by MuhammadTheMage » 2014-05-14

A couple of my friends and I are coming back after about 2 years away from the game, and I see that padded armor is finally in the rule book now (People were discussing proposals for it when I took my break). It looks like it was added recently too since it's in the new rule changes for 2014 section. I thought this would be good for my friend who plays a druid, since he doesn’t have the disposable income to afford full leather armor, but could wear a full gambeson coat and pants instead. But then I noticed that the armor section for druids says that druids are restricted to wearing leather only armor. I’m wondering if this is an oversight, since prior to padded armor, all armor was either metallic or fully leather, and the leather only rule was in place to prevent druids from wearing metallic armor (like in dungeons and dragons). So in a nutshell my question is, are druids able to wear padded armor because it’s non leather, and there was merely an oversight in the recent addition of padded armor?
Muhammad the Mage, the Prince of Extinguished Flames.
Fighting since June of 2009.
(Witty rhetoric goes here right?)

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Re: Druids can wear padded armor right?

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2014-05-15

At one point, druids were restricted to armor with no metal, which would be leather. Now that would also be a gambeson. The rules don't support that right now, but that should probably be added. Fiber is pretty natural and comes from plants and animals. No reason this shouldn't be changed.