Clarrification regarding the Brooch of Shielding?

Ask your rule questions here, players and officials will respond. Questions that turn into proposal discussions will be moved to the Proposal Discussion forum.
Noctis

Clarrification regarding the Brooch of Shielding?

Post by Noctis » 2015-05-03

This came up today at the event, by someone asking me out of curiosity. Namely, I was asked about the Brooch's effects versus certain self-generated abilities

Regarding the Brooch of Shielding, The Rules as written makes it clear that the wearer is immune to *all* spells, though at the cost that Healing spells, protective spells/Buffing spells are also blocked, or suppressed while wearing the brooch. and the wearer can not cast spells

The question I was asked, was regarding certain classes more "Supernatural" or "extraordinary" abilities. In the example asked by the questioner who asked me, how would it affect a Monks ability to do the following:

[*]LeatherSkin: It's my understanding, that this is not a spell, but rather an extraordinary ability (seeing as how Dispel does not work against it)
[*]IronSkin: Again, similar issue. Although it's described as having the exact same function of Stoneskin, it's not specifically stated as being a spell, implied rather that again, this is an Extraordinary ability.
[*]Light: This one's easy, it's listed as a spell/spell-like, so I presume it would be suppressed by the Brooch
[*]Meditate: Same to the skins, is this an extraordinary/natural ability, or does this count as "Magical" healing. Also, what about "mending" their Skin armors?
[*]Enchanted Strikes: I want to say this is suppressed, correct?

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: Clarrification regarding the Brooch of Shielding?

Post by fingers630 » 2015-05-03

Correct if you are wearing the Brooch, your weapons do normal damage. if you are struck with a magic weapon, it counts as a normal weapon.

You can regen your "skins" as a monk with the brooch.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People