Question about death on the field...

Ask your rule questions here, players and officials will respond. Questions that turn into proposal discussions will be moved to the Proposal Discussion forum.
ylinett
Darkonian

Question about death on the field...

Post by ylinett » 2012-01-18

Question: If the ground is wet, I may sit up with my weapon on my head. This is an alternative to laying on the ground...or simply getting out of the way? If it is not wet then I may also chose to "get out of the way"? If I chose to move do I need to put my weapon on my head? Does it count if I step to the side, when people of coming or do I need to leave the field? What about at campouts?
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Re: Presidential Clarifications for 2012

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-01-18

ylinett wrote:
Lord Dubh wrote:
Death:
When you die, lay on the ground or get out of the way. If the ground is wet then you may sit up with your weapon on your head.

Question: If the ground is wet, I may sit up with my weapon on my head. This is an alternative to laying on the ground...or simply getting out of the way? If it is not wet then I may also chose to "get out of the way"? If I chose to move do I need to put my weapon on my head? Does it count if I step to the side, when people of coming or do I need to leave the field? What about at campouts?

If the ground is wet, you may sit up with your weapon your your head instead of laying on the ground. You never leave the field, you only move if your in the way.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Re: Question about death on the field...

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-01-18

I would assume similar would apply to rocks, snow, etc?
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-01-18

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:I would assume similar would apply to rocks, snow, etc?

...Lava...
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Xunyl
Darkonian

Post by Xunyl » 2012-01-19

I always take that with a dose of common sense, though I do like a good death fall, it's a fun tid-bit of acting and I'm sure other players enjoy the flavor. So here's so tips: You never want to lay yourself out in a way that could be hazardous to yourself or others. I find that staying crouched with my weapon resting on my head works well for showing other players that I am defeated. If you must move (again safety first.) then be sure to keep your weapon on your head as well and do your best not to block or impede any active players on the field. Also to avoid confusion I try to stay a bit low as I move away and keep a non-aggressive demeanor. As an example I use a shield, if I need to move I won't hold up my shield in defensible way while I do so.

In short, safety first, don't lay in anything you don't mind having smooshed on you for the rest of the day, don't impede the still living players and keep your weapon on your head.
Chosen Blood soldier.

We are beyond the notions of; good, evil, light or darkness.
There is only order, pure and absolute.

For The Order.
http://www.wix.com/chosenblood/dwc

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-01-23

ylinett wrote:
Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:I would assume similar would apply to rocks, snow, etc?

...Lava...

I would never leave the field over lava. Jump on a chair in the living room, sure...
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-01-27

So its not okay to move and get out of the way once dead? Usually when I die I just move out of the way entirely and wait till the battle is over with my weapon on my head.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-01-27

Sir Tyriel Firebrand wrote:So its not okay to move and get out of the way once dead? Usually when I die I just move out of the way entirely and wait till the battle is over with my weapon on my head.

In theory, you should not be leaving the field till the battle is over. The primary reason is thieves searching you, relics and possible confusion. Even with a weapon over your head, if I catch movement out of the corner of my eye I may turn to face it and expose myself to attacks from others who are still alive. We all know the second it takes to look and determine someone has their weapon over their head can be the difference between an arrow to the torso and one to the shield.

Besides, believe it or not, I have and still do on occasion (especially during country battles) rez people during day events. I can do it pretty damn fast, even faster when I have MY (and it is mine) Staff of Healing.

One of my favorite country battles of all time was when Mordom and Bloody Axe rolled Elidor at the start. Myself and one other Elidorian survived. The battle moved away, and while everyone else was fighting I raised all of Elidor. We proceeded to crush the remaining people. A cleric can't raise you if you have moved.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-01-27

Read the second post in this thread, in it is a quote from the clarification. It states CLEARLY you are to move if you feel you are in an unsafe position. Just do not leave the field.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Sir Gwydion
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Gwydion » 2012-02-01

Sir Tyriel Firebrand wrote:So its not okay to move and get out of the way once dead? Usually when I die I just move out of the way entirely and wait till the battle is over with my weapon on my head.

Believe it or not, what you usually do is the exact reason that there are proposals going in for more wording on this topic specifically :(.

If it's not a safety issue, you should be in the dirt or enjoying the pretty flowers and grasses and rocks from up close.
Sir Gwydion, Baron of Gladesedge
Sometime mistaken for Avlis, Ranger of the Woods of Elidor (also of Gladesedge)

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-02-01

I move out of the way, because that where I feel I'm not gonna get stepped on or bashed into. I know that people have been stepped on, and its not that bad. I just wish to move so that nothing happens to me.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2012-02-02

If there's still fighting going on around me (and I usually die first so this happens often), I sit up on the ground with my weapon guarding my face/head if need be.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-02-02

Here is the re-write based on comments in the Senate. This is what is going to be enforced until the Senate decides on the final course of action.

Death:
When you die you are to lay on the ground and not speak, gesture or communicate with your fellows in any way. If the ground is wet, you may sit up with your weapon over your head. If the situation is dangerous you may move only far enough to get to safety, but you are not to leave the field until the fight is over and the elders have indicated you can get up. If at any time you are not laying on the ground, you are to hold your weapon over your head.
Master Thief of Darkon

____