New Leadership of Laconia

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Dienekes
Land Marshal

New Leadership of Laconia

Post by Dienekes » 2012-01-29

:mrgreen: At this point all I can say is we have been informed that Absolom and Lynxx no longer are going to be part of Laconia. I am the voice of what remains of the country, who at this point are going to keep it alive. If you need to confirm this with either Adam or Greg feel free. We will see what the future holds. Dienekes And as far as I am aware weather he supports it or not matters little if we have members that are going to contuine to feild as a country. New leaders will be forthcoming and life will go on.
Last edited by Dienekes on 2012-01-30, edited 3 times in total.
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
Slayer of The Spider Priest
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Re: New Leadership Of Laconia

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-01-30

I am quite confused. I thought you left Laconia (as per an older post on the unofficial forums)?

Not that it matters. Good luck on your new endeavors. You're gonna need it with that crew! :P
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-01-30

Were they laconians yesterday?
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-30

Please have absalom send me a message or post here that he supports this. As the actual leader of laconia he voiced to me entirely different intentions.

Sir Gwydion
Knight of the Realm

Re: New Leadership of Laconia

Post by Sir Gwydion » 2012-01-31

Dun Dun DUNH
Sir Gwydion, Baron of Gladesedge
Sometime mistaken for Avlis, Ranger of the Woods of Elidor (also of Gladesedge)

The Quiet Cleric
Knight of the Realm

Post by The Quiet Cleric » 2012-01-31

It is true. Lynx and I are no longer part of what was once the glorious nation of Laconia.

While I would prefer that the country died a dignified death with me, Dienekes, and the rest of the Spartans by my side, what I prefer doesn't matter. I wish my former countrymen no ill will, nothing but friendship, and all godspeed toward rebuilding my beloved country.

Lord Absolom

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-01-31

Here, here!
Good luck!
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-01

Well, I guess since this is the OOC section, welcome back! Invasions will continue as scheduled, you may wish to send us representatives. You may not.

Side note: In the future, please refrain from editing posts to reflect a different perspective (especially without notations containing the reason). I am not fond of having my response posts make little sense, after an edit. The purpose of the "forum style " format, is so that the community can follow a conversation coherantly. Thanks again.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-01

Lord Valfryn wrote:Well, I guess since this is the OOC section, welcome back! Invasions will continue as scheduled, you may wish to send us representatives. You may not.

Side note: In the future, please refrain from editing posts to reflect a different perspective (especially without notations containing the reason). I am not fond of having my response posts make little sense, after an edit. The purpose of the "forum style " format, is so that the community can follow a conversation coherantly. Thanks again.

This is why I love the quote feature on forums. If you quote it, it's there and they can't change it.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-01

Yea, but I do most of my forum work on my phone, its hard enough as it is for me to keep all my prose in order on this screen for some reason, and the interface tends to swallow up sentences at a time to the void.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-01

Lord Valfryn wrote:Yea, but I do most of my forum work on my phone, its hard enough as it is for me to keep all my prose in order on this screen for some reason, and the interface tends to swallow up sentences at a time to the void.

I hear that. I haven't tried these ones yet, but the Yuku quoting feature hated my phone.

Siren
Darkonian

Post by Siren » 2012-02-02

If the new leadership could get in touch with me to let me know who is now able to pull directly from the coffer that would be awesome.
~Siren

Az'Sirenythe Azuviir Kreatondaughter
Warrior of Ched Nasad
Leader of the Myrmidon Entertainment Guild
Sailing Master of the CNS. IHM. Eastern Pride
Way too many other titles to list here...

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-02

I believe Dianekes said "Fingers" should be able to draw funds...from the account... :?

Dienekes
Land Marshal

Post by Dienekes » 2012-02-07

Lord Valfrn,
As I previously stated I will be the acting King of Laconia, with Cronos as our second in command. Basicly the post says the same thing as it did before. Absolom and Lynxx no longer represent our nation in any capacity. Emisarys will be forthcoming to discuss past transgressions and I look forward to a new day in the history of Laconia. Fingers , although we would welcome Mustard on any day to field with us the coffers are not open to you at this point. Although Shadowfangdaclease is still around in the Lore of our nation and resides in a cave somewhere in our lands. Just food for thought.
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
Slayer of The Spider Priest
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-07

Sounds good to me, send your envoy before or after the invasion. I told Absalom that your nation going defunct is the only thing that will cease my advance. You are welcome to reform laconia, if you like.
I would gladly take this to the IC forum if you wish, to save time on Sunday.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-07

*Shadofandandicles*

But close enough :). Ill gladly serve as a mediator between Laconia and Chosen Blood if both parties wish.

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-02-08

fingers630 wrote:*Shadofandandicles*

But close enough :). Ill gladly serve as a mediator between Laconia and Chosen Blood if both parties wish.

"Chosen Blood, it is my duty as mediator to point out that I overheard Laconia call your mom a fat skank.

Laconia, I have it on good authority than Chosen Blood has been screwing your girlfriend while you were at work."
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-08

Well considering that none of this has been revealed in an IC format, the likelyhood of you being hired for the job is even less (none of our characters know that laconia plans on sticking around, legitimately). Though mediation is typically only needed when compromise is sought after.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-02-08

Just to be clear from an OOC perspective.

The intent of Chosen Blood is to remove Laconia from the land map??
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

More or less. We have told the previous owners of laconia that if they wished to "refound" after not fielding their banner for 6 events, we would not persue them.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Lord Valfryn wrote:More or less. We have told the previous owners of laconia that if they wished to "refound" after not fielding their banner for 6 events, we would not persue them.

Thank you for your honesty.

Do you already have an agreement in place with Laconia so they understand your intent is NOT to drive them out of the game but to demonstrate IC punishment??

Understand that I do have reservations over this type of behavior. In-character or not, this type of behavior can be bad for the club as a whole. In my 20 years we have lost a lot players due to wars that were NOT intended to drive the country off the map, doing so with that intent only ensures the Club will lose players. Player loss is exactly what we want to avoid.

You should also note that you CAN'T drive them off the map. At some point they will only have their Capitol Hex and you will have to spend money and time each event to siege them to keep them from collecting revenue or doing any land events but you can't ever take that one hex.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-02-08

We had a very clear understanding with the previous leaders of Laconia that our motivations were purely IC and stayed in fairly close contact with Adam and Greg when they were still fielding in numbers. Murphy since has been in contact with Scott and made our stance known.

There are no motivations whatsoever to get anyone to stop playing Darkon. That said, Laconia going defunct due to their members leaving for other countries/going nomad would be considered one of three possible victory conditions.

It's possible we haven't made this clear enough so far to the general public, but on behalf of Chosen Blood I'd like to ask that people stop asking these questions over and over again. I know that Darkon has a recent history of mixing OOC and IC in ways that are harmful. We need to move away from that, and one excellent way to do that is to promote wars that are taking place purely for IC motivations.
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Saris Fey-Branche wrote:We had a very clear understanding with the previous leaders of Laconia that our motivations were purely IC and stayed in fairly close contact with Adam and Greg when they were still fielding in numbers. Murphy since has been in contact with Scott and made our stance known.

There are no motivations whatsoever to get anyone to stop playing Darkon. That said, Laconia going defunct due to their members leaving for other countries/going nomad would be considered one of three possible victory conditions.

It's possible we haven't made this clear enough so far to the general public, but on behalf of Chosen Blood I'd like to ask that people stop asking these questions over and over again. I know that Darkon has a recent history of mixing OOC and IC in ways that are harmful. We need to move away from that, and one excellent way to do that is to promote wars that are taking place purely for IC motivations.

I appreciate this.

You should just accept that people will always ask though. History has shown that wars are taken personally, people are just way too attached to the fake land on the fake map.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Thanks for the respons, Saris. My phone was locking up just as i needed it most! Lol
Few other thoughts:
We also have handed out written declarations of intent, of which we recieved many compliments. Kings court held a reading of one such declaration. We knew that when we designed our country as a war driven RP evil country, that it wouldnt be easy. I still think the game is better for it, though. Yes, it does get frustrating to have constant OOC response to purely ic actions/ content. We have no intent to harm players, or run them from the game. I have every intention to harm characters. We are not the "friendly evil" that darkon has become accustomed to, we try to play a believable evil, a dramatic evil. This does confound some players who believe that I, "Murph", sit at home on a throne of blood plotting their real life demise.... but to those that play the game as a game: I hope they can appreciate our attempt.

There are many avenues characters/ players may take in interacting with chosen blood that doesnt involve quitting the game.People could also try IC attempts to interract as well.

We hope that eventually darkon will recognize that this is a game, it is a war game, and a roleplaying game.

(Fixed some spelling, and realized that nobody calls me chris, so, yea....)

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-08

Lord Valfryn wrote:Well considering that none of this has been revealed in an IC format, the likelyhood of you being hired for the job is even less (none of our characters know that laconia plans on sticking around, legitimately). Though mediation is typically only needed when compromise is sought after.

I didnt offer in character, and i didnt ask for coin :)