An Announcment from HRH Tarim von Raenor

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

An Announcment from HRH Tarim von Raenor

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-12-05

For those who have been unaware, His Royal Highness Arch Duke Tarim von Raenor has been preparing his arms for a year in preparation for a Crown War. Now that it is here he wishes to make clear his intentions.

For the good of the Realm he is going to reclaim his throne at this Crown War.

The Once and Future King Returns.

We wish him luck.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: An Announcment from HRH Tarim von Raenor

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-05

Here here. Drag those other old bastards Kings out to reclaim the throne as well. I want to see AD Slindar and AD Lord General on the field next week!

Make poor Dubh have a coronary trying to decide which King to support :)
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-12-05

Tarim has feathers on his hat, Bendore loves feathers and hats. And hats with feathers. Conspiracy!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

The declaration of His Royal Highness does not change my obligations to serve on the side defending the High King.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-12-05

What I would like to know is: Should he fail to claim the field, will he support the previous King in the siege?

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Of all, HRH knows how to be a High King. How to reward people, how to punish people...how to treat people as they deserve and in a way to show and earn respect.

During his first reign as King of Darkon he attempted to act as King and do things as a king should, but the realm did not care and he was largely ignored. For 7 years he came out and lead his country and allies, until he got tired. Then he was King for another 5. Then came the changes in the ways of the world and Keldar became King and he tried to do something and again it fell flat. It was not until Slindar that people cared and now they still care and as a result are angry....

HRH Tarim is my friend, he knighted me, he was the first King of the Realm and the one that accepted my Oath to defend the Throne of Tarim. I will promote his position up until the moment I take up arms to defend the Throne of Tarim.

What I would do to simply serve for the betterment of the realm...
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-12-06

Approx. 16 years ago the realm took a knee to honor the first King of Darkon, Tarim von Raenor. During his reign he lead the realm in the Summer War against the invading forces of the Realm of Dagirhir. He constructed the Throne of Tarim and had the Iron Crown of Tarim forged. As the first King of Darkon he had little authority but despite his inability to give out awards and titles he earned the respect of the realm, as a leader, as a King and as a warrior. He held courts, that no one ever attended and eventually he faded away.

HRH Keldar sat upon the Throne of Tarim and created the Royal Court. He disappeared and his court faded.

HRH Slindar sat upon the Throne of Tarim and expanded the Royal Court. His court maintained his presence and his authority was expanded. He awarded those he felt deserving and created what we would hope would become a tradition.

HRM Cailen sits upon the Throne of Tarim, purchased with promises and gold. He built a grand pavilion, which sat empty as he had no Royal Court but myself and Sir Damien Braxus the one time it was established. There have been no courts other than Coronation and one planned on the day of the Crown War.

Now HRH Tarim wishes to reclaim the Throne of Tarim. To live in the city named in his honor. To wear this Crown of Tarim once more.

He is not asking nations to come to his support, as this is not a war of nations. This is a war of Knights. He is calling all Knights of the Realm to his cause and invite them to bring whomever they wish. He is inviting those who have no Knight to support to come to his cause, and he will sponsor them on the field.

He has asked that I speak on his behalf at the Feast and seeing as I have not duties in the Royal Court, I have accepted. So I invite any to speak to me at the Feast regarding this situation.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-12-06

Lord Dubh wrote:HRM Cailen sits upon the Throne of Tarim, purchased with promises and gold. He built a grand pavilion, which sat empty as he had no Royal Court but myself and Sir Damien Braxus the one time it was established..

Pretty much sums it up. Well said Bendore, your powers of speech are not over rated.

Thrush Svartehjertet
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''