Dual type weaponry?

Ask your rule questions here, players and officials will respond. Questions that turn into proposal discussions will be moved to the Proposal Discussion forum.
Azoth

Dual type weaponry?

Post by Azoth » 2012-10-02

I am very very new to Darkon and have yet to even attend any events, but i am already coming up with concepts for my weaponry. My question is is it legal to have a weapon that functions as a hammer on one side and an axe on the other side of the head? I understand that they are different damage types and would have to be called thusly, but is it legal to make such a weapon?

Something like this, for prime example:

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Re: Dual type weaponry?

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-10-02

Weapons are not allowed to have striking surfaces on both ends of the weapon in Darkon for safety reasons. The only exception to this rule is a quarterstaff
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-10-02

Kai Firebrand wrote:Weapons are not allowed to have striking surfaces on both ends of the weapon in Darkon for safety reasons. The only exception to this rule is a quarterstaff

But they can have striking surfaces on both sides of the same end of the weapon. Yes, you could make the above pictured weapon. It has been done in the past but it is rare.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-10-02

Kai miss understood what you meant... Yes, you can have a axe with a hammer on the back side.

But the weapon can not have the stabbing end of the handle.
-Lanham
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-10-02

Yeah, just leave off that pointy pommell on the bottom and you should be fine. I swing a hammer a lot of the time, and my advice is to make sure you really get the head secured onto the core extremely well. The primary failure point is going to be where the two meet whether it be twisting or the head being pushed up or down too much and being ripped right off.
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2012-10-02

Azoth wrote:I am very very new to Darkon and have yet to even attend any events, but i am already coming up with concepts for my weaponry.

Also, read this:http://darkon.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=209&p=1853.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-10-02

Whoops yeah, I totally was eying that spike on the end of the axe and wanting to stab people with it.
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Azoth

Post by Azoth » 2012-10-02

Warlordcort wrote:Kai miss understood what you meant... Yes, you can have a axe with a hammer on the back side.

-Lanham

I now know that I can make this weapon aesthetically but now the question is does the weapon deal damage based on which head strikes the target. ie. does the hammer deal yellow and the axe deal white

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-10-02

Azoth wrote:
Warlordcort wrote:Kai miss understood what you meant... Yes, you can have a axe with a hammer on the back side.

-Lanham

I now know that I can make this weapon aesthetically but now the question is does the weapon deal damage based on which head strikes the target. ie. does the hammer deal yellow and the axe deal white

Yes.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Arjumand

Post by Arjumand » 2014-12-31

The Crown War idea is pretty awesome. I think that some day, when the can of worms is opened, we could even get into a state of perpetual crown war. I don't like the idea of any single Knight being able to stage one. A consortium might be better, perhaps 3 Knights etc...One guy can get pissed off and in one moment drag the whole realm into a world war. Seems a lil OP.
Sign up with pmp ccna for getting ccent training online testking courses Test-king Certification and www.tabor.edu We also provide best Florida Institute of Technology and Johnson University Florida with guaranteed success.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2015-01-02

Arjumand,
You're getting a little ahead of yourself talking about Crown Wars and stuff.
It happens 1x/year maximum.
You may think that it is "OP", but the Crown War does not force anyone to go into any sort of other war. Just because you fought against the crown or the incumbent or whatever, doesnt mean you are now at war with them ad nosium. It opens the possibility for you to roleplay a reason to go to war, or to suck up the the new king, but doesnt force anyone to do anything.

Nothing OP about Crown Wars.

Focus on coming out and learning our rules before you think about changing the rules too much.

Cheers
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms