Camp Questions?

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
VegoTheWanderer
Darkonian

Camp Questions?

Post by VegoTheWanderer » 2012-01-12

Hey,

Im setting up my travel schedule for the spring and summer. Im loading up on trade goods to bring with me. so here is my questions?

1) Should I stock on period or period passing drinking vessals?
2) Am I even allowed to trade goods and wares at events?
3) When is the camping season kicking off ?
4) any suggestions on items to stock up on ?

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Re: Camp Questions?

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-01-13

1. Drinking vessels, at least at the first campout where we can't drink from bottles and cans, would probably be a good idea. I was going to do the same actually. I ended up only getting three tankard-style glass mugs to sell though, but they will be available.

2. I think you can sell goods, I can meet you on the street and sell you my shoes right off my feet if I wanted to, this country allows that sort of thing. Cailen used to bring weapons for sale all the time so I think you're allowed to sell stuff.

3. http://darkon.org/events.html March 23rd is the first one.

4. Cant' help you much there. Food goes over well as we in Kindred found last year. I think we're going to keep up that tradition of feeding everyone though. Check the boards closer to campout to make sure though, it will be announced by one of us. That's not to say selling some kind of snacks or water wouldn't work though. EDIT: Forgot you can't sell food without a food handling license/permit thingy. That's not an option I'm afraid.

Other than that, it's hard to say what people will need. Tape, blankets maybe since March will likely get cold, weapons may sell.
Last edited by Ogre Solaris on 2012-01-13, edited 1 time in total.
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-01-13

Your not selling food. Your selling paper plates and utensils.

To sell food requires a license and health dept. inspection.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

BaiterofBAMC
Darkonian

Post by BaiterofBAMC » 2012-01-13

Or more specifically, you are taking charitable donations for the food that you are giving away.

Wulfen Freki
Squire of the Realm

Post by Wulfen Freki » 2012-01-16

Glad to see that you are inquiring about what you should bring to try and keep things IC the entire weekend, we need to see this more frequently.

1) Definitely bring period containers to pour any liquid that you plan on drinking while remaining in character. Most people don't care about seeing water bottles; as water consumption is something that is a necessity and is a huge safety concern, even in the cold. BRING WATER TO DRINK, LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!!

2) Selling and trading items is allowed, as long as stated above by the Nobles, it is not food, because of health codes and regulations.

3) Ogre already got ya there.

4) Food. Everyone brings something different to eat while they are at campouts. It really depends on the immersion level you seek to get while in your own camp half asleep in the morning or exhausted in the evening. Do you want to take an hour to make your food on a grill or do you want to throw a hot-dog or meat on a stick and eat quick. Personally, Breakfast (bagels & CC or poptarts), Lunch (what's lunch?, too much fighting to eat), Dinner (1lb of cubed and marinated chicken/steak, cooked over a roaring fire as I enjoy my booze). Remember, again, to bring plenty of water. Alcohol is great fun and all that, but it doesnt help when your dehydrating yourself running around all day.
Wulfen Freki

~Warmaster of Ched Nasad
~Chosen Warrior of Ched Nasad
~Warhound of Ched Nasad
~High Druidic Priest of Malal
~Squire to Baron Alfred Goldenhue of Elidor

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-01-23

I talked to Vego over PM about the drinking vessels, I also have some of those available. He told me that he wants to trade for whatever he ends up getting, while I want to sell mine. If you're ok spending money come see me, but if you are broke or just prefer trading talk to him.

I am still awaiting the items, they should be here this week, but I have 2 silver plated goblets, 5 pewter ones, and 3 green, thick glass mugs. All are used but will be cleaned and polished if needed before I bring them out to sell. I am not asking much for them, just enough to cover my costs and I'll tack some Darkon gold on top of that as "profit". Each goblet should be 10 dollars, the glass ones are 8.

I also have ordered some stainless steel 16oz tankards but do not have a delivery estimate for those yet so may not have them for a few weeks. They will cost slightly more, but are brand new and almost identical to the one I use so I can speak to their durability (mine is 5+ years old and I still drink beer from it regularly).

I plan on selling these at every event since our next market fair isn't until after the campout and people may need them for camp. Come find me in Kindred's camp if you're interested.
Kindred Brewmaster

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-23

Thanks guys, and good plan.

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-01-23

No problem. I'm all about the realm looking better anyway, tankards and goblets instead of beer cans is just something I can contribute towards that.
Kindred Brewmaster

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-01-24

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... +wine+skin

I thought these looked like they would hold a lot of "water"