Awards for 2012

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
President

Awards for 2012

Post by President » 2012-11-06

As of Nov. 13, 2012 a new set of bylaws has been enacted. While the new bylaws state nominations should be in by October 1, I would like the EB, NC and Senate to accept nominations through November and decide 1) if you want to give out awards for 2012. 2) If yes, then vote on those nominated at your last meeting of the year.

Here are a list of awards people are eligible for...I suggest sending all nominations for 2012 to the Secretary AND the person in charge of the body in questions: Pres for the EB, VP for the NC, and the Magistrate for the Senate. This way to be sure it is seen by someone.

THERE IS NO OBLIGATION TO GIVE OUT ANY AWARD!!!! EVER!!

Article VI: Awards

Armigerous Awards - Awards that when given bestow the right to wear personal livery and heraldry and be known as “Master” or “Mistress.” These awards may be given once a year, nominations are to be given to the chairperson of the awarding body responsible by the second event of October.

Order of the Stag (OS) - Granted by the Board for major contributions of service to the Club not necessarily related to an elected office. A Master of The Stag is one who has repeatedly served with distinction as marshal, organizer, elder, etc.

Order of the Dragon (OD) – Granted by the Senate for continuous demonstration of positive attitude. Master of the Dragon is one who has continually demonstrated a positive attitude, good sportsmanship and high level of support for the other Participants and has the general respect of the realm.

Order of the Gryphon (OG) - Granted by the Council for demonstrating great leadership. A Master of The Griffin is one who has led the Club forward as a club elected official or furthered the development of the game in some outstanding way.

Order of the Raven (OR)- Granted by the Senate for exemplary performance in the arts. A Master of The Raven may be a superb roleplayer, has outstanding garb, or someone who makes great weapons, armor or accessories, or contributes in some extraordinary way to the atmosphere of the game. A Master of the Raven is one who enriches the game through their actions and appearance, and espouses their excellence to others.

Non-Armigerous Awards - Given for recognition by the Club but do not bestow any special privileges or costuming. These awards will be given once a year, nominations are to be given to the chairperson of the awarding body by the second event of October.

Order of the Mask (CM)- Given to those individuals chosen as the best representation of their class. Companions of the Mask are awarded by the Senate.

Order of the Crown (CC) - Awarded to those that have served on the Board for a full term.
Companions of the Crown are automatically awarded at the end of the term.
Grandfathering Clause – Any who have served a full term on what was called the Executive Board of the Club are given this award for each full term.

Order of the Boar (CB)- Awarded for outstanding contributions to the club by a group (country, retinue, guild, etc.) Companions of the Boar are awarded by the Board.

Order of the Swan (CS) - Awarded for minor contributions of service to the Club. Companions of the Swan are awarded by the Board.

Darkon Award of Excellence - Awarded for excellence to one person annually by the President.

Golden Spud- Awarded for having a great attitude and showing eagerness and loyalty to the club. Awarded by the Senate to a player that has joined the Club within the past 12 months.

Participants may receive an award from Sections 2 and 3 multiple times.

Retired Awards - Titles and awards that the club has given out but are no longer awarded.
Knight Errant - Retired in 2008 and replaced with Lord of the Realm. All those with Knight Errant were converted to Lord of the Realm.
Lord of the Realm - Retired in 2012 and replaced with various awards. All those with Lord of the Realm were converted to an order in Section 2 and given the title “Master.”

If a Participant is suspended, the awarding bodies shall review applicable awards of that Participant and vote to determine continued merit.

All awards are revoked if the Participant is banned from the Club. A unanimous vote of the Board can reinstate any award to a reinstated Participant.

All awards are given out at the discretion of the awarding body and each awarding body reserves the right to not give out awards in any given year.
Last edited by President on 2012-11-28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing sticky

President

Re: Awards for 2012

Question - "So anyone can nominate?"

YES!!

Anyone can nominate and be nominated.

President

Took only 30 minutes for the first nominations to start coming to the EB.

President

Post by President » 2012-11-08

Any submissions made to the Board will be considered but we need them before the December meeting.

Specifically what I would like for the Board to consider are the following, so send nominations to the President for:

Order of the Boar (CB)- Awarded for outstanding contributions to the club by a group (country, retinue, guild, etc.) Companions of the Boar are awarded by the Board.

Order of the Swan (CS) - Awarded for minor contributions of service to the Club. Companions of the Swan are awarded by the Board.

Order of the Stag (OS) - Granted by the Board for major contributions of service to the Club not necessarily related to an elected office. A Master of The Stag is one who has repeatedly served with distinction as marshal, organizer, elder, etc.

The Following would get sent to the Magistrate:

Order of the Dragon (OD) – Granted by the Senate for continuous demonstration of positive attitude. Master of the Dragon is one who has continually demonstrated a positive attitude, good sportsmanship and high level of support for the other Participants and has the general respect of the realm.

Order of the Raven (OR)- Granted by the Senate for exemplary performance in the arts. A Master of The Raven may be a superb roleplayer, has outstanding garb, or someone who makes great weapons, armor or accessories, or contributes in some extraordinary way to the atmosphere of the game. A Master of the Raven is one who enriches the game through their actions and appearance, and espouses their excellence to others.

Order of the Mask (CM)- Given to those individuals chosen as the best representation of their class. Companions of the Mask are awarded by the Senate.

Golden Spud- Awarded for having a great attitude and showing eagerness and loyalty to the club. Awarded by the Senate to a player that has joined the Club within the past 12 months.

And these go to the Vice President:

Order of the Gryphon (OG) - Granted by the Council for demonstrating great leadership. A Master of The Griffin is one who has led the Club forward as a club elected official or furthered the development of the game in some outstanding way.

President

Post by President » 2012-11-08

Nominations are usually ended in October, so be sure yours is for something prior to September 30, 2012. But keep all this in mind for nominations for next year. I know I have a certain group for Order of the Boar for 2013.

President

Post by President » 2012-11-09

Question - Can a person be nominated for more than one award?

YES!!

Question - Can more than one person win the same award in a year?

YES!! Except the ones specific to class or the ones that say will only be given to one player. Order of the Mask (one per class), Golden Spud and Award for Excellence.

President

Post by President » 2012-11-14

Question - Can Knights be given these awards?

YES!! Every participant is eligible for these awards whether they have earned one before or not. These are meant to be for recognition by the various bodies that award them and meant to be given repeatedly.

You have until December first to send these in, be sure to send them to the Secretary AND the chairman of the body that gives the award so it can be easily tracked.

Also remember, nominate people that you think are outstanding in the area the award is for as of September 2012 and keep an eye on people for awards in 2013 starting October 2012.

President

Post by President » 2012-11-19

With the meeting dates set we have to stop accepting this round of nominations on Thanksgiving day.

This doesnt mean stop sending them, nominations can be submitted at anytime but don't get considered until after October of the year. Nomination period will run from Thanksgiving 2012 to Sept. 30, 2013.

John M

The Quiet Cleric
Knight of the Realm

Post by The Quiet Cleric » 2012-11-20

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but when are the awards handed out?

Lord Absolom

President

Post by President » 2012-11-20

The Quiet Cleric wrote:Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but when are the awards handed out?

Lord Absolom

Annually after October.

The Quiet Cleric
Knight of the Realm

Post by The Quiet Cleric » 2012-11-21

What about this year?

Lord Absolom

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-11-23

Sometime after the middle of December. The NC, Board and Senate have to meet first.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Post by Karma » 2012-11-23

After conferring with several Darkonians, might I suggest a "Best Nemesis" category?

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-27

Karma wrote:After conferring with several Darkonians, might I suggest a "Best Nemesis" category?

I think these two can be appropriate, depending on the situation:

The first one can be applied across the board, while the second can only work on some levels: perhaps a royal appointee - the minister of justice, the protector of Tarimstadt (very noble thing for a cavalier), or even myself - or in the case of myself, those who opposed me as mages (or any assassin who made it their goal to hunt down mages on behalf of HRM Slindar). One could do a lot with Order of the Mask, I think, but there is a possibility that there are plenty of people that can't be nominated based on that one... But as I said, Raven is the other route in that case.

But I agree that a broader one for role playing could be possible, especially between two people - a nemesis category as you have suggested.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-11-27

Id like to nominate Becky from Nurgle as "Best Nemesis"....
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-01-29

So... When do we find out winners? Darkon has a history of rolling out cool new ideas, then dropping the ball on using them...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-01-29

There have been 3 posts...

Senate awards - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=702
Board Awards - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=693
Council Awards - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=664

With awards being last minute this first time, no verbal announcements were made. Next year voting occurs in October/November so it should not be an issue for these to be read a the start of an event.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/