Darkon Wargaming Club, Inc.
The following rules will be in effect for all campout events hosted by the Darkon Wargaming Club, Inc. The failure of any player to abide by these rules may result in disciplinary action, including possible ejection from the event, suspension, or expulsion from the club.
Breaking the Law
- Darkon campouts are open to members of the club only (this is required by the club’s liability insurance).
- All persons in attendance must pay appropriate dues to the Treasurer and record their personal information with the Secretary. This is applicable even for those not participating in the game.
- Persons who are not eligible to be members (e.g. persons under 16 years of age) are not allowed on site during the event.
- All U.S., state, and local laws must be abided by, including laws regarding illegal drug use, underage drinking, assault, etc., during Darkon campouts.
- No combustible chemicals, or pyrotechnics (including fire breathing) may be used without specific permission from the Executive Board.
- Players found breaking the law will not only face disciplinary action by the club, but also legal action by local or state authorities.
- Firewood must be brought, purchased, or gathered from fallen trees and branches. NO STANDING TREES MAY BE CUT DOWN unless specific permission is given from the site owner. Burning of chemically treated wood or plastic is prohibited.
- All campfires must be contained within a fire pit. Fire pits must be dug at least 8 inches deep or deeper if necessary to create an appropriate depth to accommodate their size.
- Fire pits must be ringed with large stones, bricks, or cinderblocks. Grass and brush must be cleared around fire pit.
- NO accelerants may be used on campfires (e.g. alcohol, kerosene, gasoline, lamp oil, etc.). A reasonable amount of charcoal lighter fluid or commercially produced fire starter "logs" may be used ONLY to aid in starting a camp fire.
- Campfires must be completely extinguished by the player/country maintaining them once that player/country has left the event. All trash must be removed from the fire pits.
- Players/countries found violating any of the above rules would face disciplinary action.
- No pets of any kind (dogs, cats, ferrets, etc.) are permitted at Darkon campouts.
- Players who disregard this rule will be immediately asked to remove the pet from the campout site.
- Players are expected to take ALL trash with them when they leave the campsite.
- Trash, regardless of how small it is, must be picked up and properly disposed of (this includes cigarette butts and bottle caps).
- Trash must be contained in country camps, preferably in trash bags, at all times.
- Trash is NOT to be left in the port-a-pots.
- Players who are found to be leaving trash behind, or countries that have left trash in their campsite, will face disciplinary action.
- Port-a-pots will be provided at all campout events; players are expected to use them.
- Players may not use the woods, fields, trails, or anywhere other than a port-a-pots as a toilet facility and toilet paper may not be left behind in any of those areas.
- NO trash is to be left in the port-a-pots.
- Players found violating this rule will face disciplinary action.
- Real world, or "mundane" items, such as radios, cell phones, etc. must remain hidden from view while on a player when he/she is outside of a country camp.
- Players are encouraged to drink from a period-style drinking vessel when outside of a country camp (this is to help minimize trash as well as add to the fantasy perspective of the game).
- Modern music is not to be played during the event, and if played during off-hours, must be kept at a respectable volume level (should not be audible from other camps).
- Drumming of any kind is permitted only with special permission from the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board may regulate any live or recorded music, or excessive noise making of any kind.
Special rules may apply to specific events or campsites. The Executive Board will announce additions to the campout policy as early as possible. Players must abide by any situational decisions made by any Executive Board or Noble Council member.
It is the responsibility of all players to familiarize themselves with the Darkon campout policy. Ignorance of this policy will not be an acceptable excuse for violating it.
Countries may be held accountable for the actions of its members and could face disciplinary action as a group.
As always, common sense and safety are paramount to a successful and fun Darkon event.