Bellum is postponed and until further notice, all future day events will be determined the week before the event. You will need to look at the schedule that can be found off of the home page to see the status of events moving forward until further notice.
There is a lot of information from various experts saying what should and should not happen.
We know we are not experts and we don’t know what the heck is going to happen with COVID-19. We waited to get more information and there is no clear cut right decision to make here. This is a tough call. But if we are looking at the two sides:
Hosting a game we love with people we love at an event we have been waiting all year for (and we have been planing all year for).
We cancel the event. The information out there is confusing and conflicting in many places. But if we choose wrong someone’s life could be ruined forever. If not ourselves, we all have someone in our life over 60, or with a pre-existing health condition that (as we understand it) makes a person more vulnerable to this virus.
We are also in a position where we have to make a decision very soon due to economic factors- cancellations cost money. That decision has been hastened due to new guidance from the CDC and supportive dialogue with the Noble Council.
We know that our decision will be upsetting for many- we are not happy with it either. Like you all we have been looking forward to this event all year and have invested a lot of personal time, money, and energy towards it.
This was not a decision made lightly but faced with the decision to proceed with Bellum Aeternus and potentially risking the safety of our members (and the special people in their lives that have contact with them)- well as tough as it was it was really not a decision- the choice we had to make was clear to us
Our team is working to see if we can reschedule this event to take place at a future date- though doing so will unfortunately require a change in venue if we go this route- the current site does not have suitable availability. If this falls through we may look to pick up Bellum Aeternus IX in April of 2021- and we would do all we could to make it twice as awesome. We will let you know as soon as possible once we have this figured out.
For folks that pre-registered and want a refund we will get you a refund. There might be a slight turn around as we make these arrangements, OR- if you would be willing to let us credit the amount towards your ticket to Bellum IX when it’s rescheduled (a great way to support your volunteers who are a little overwhelmed at the moment) we will give you your pre-reg gift next time we see you, and in the mean time you can rest easy knowing you are already all set for Bellum IX when it happens.
Please contact Darkon.email@example.com for all refund based questions.
Regarding Day Events:
At this time our day events will be evaluated on a weekly basis. The CDC has just today clarified its position to not recommend group meetings of 50 or more people. Given the current restrictions in our state, and this new national guidance from the CDC we are at minimum canceling the in-person day events scheduled on March 22, and this policy of addressing things week by week will be in effect until guidance is released that it is safe again to do so.
You can’t keep a good Darkonian down. We will still aim to be an active online community, and your BOD is working out a plan this week for how we will be doing some online community events. However, to take part in these activities you will need to use facebook and be in the Darkon Crownlands group for updates.
Facebook Group Link:
We hope that in the coming months our decision today to postpone Bellum and cancel day events will be looked back on as an overreaction, and we are sorry it has come to this, but ultimately feel this is for the best.
Thank you to all members of the Noble Council and board for support. To all of our vendors (which folks should still visit their shops online to support these fine folks) and members we truly appreciate your patience and understanding.