You are new to Darkon, you have some friends and you want to start your own country, but how do you do it?
There are a couple of things to keep in mind as you put together you country.
First in order to declare a country in Darkon, those participants who wish to form a new country must submit a typed, detailed country history to the Secretary. Once the secretary has approved a new country, they are given assets on the Darkon realm map. A new country must have four members, a symbol and colors that will represent your country’s heraldry, four surcoats for your members, a banner, and an elder tunic. You will need to nominate at least one country leader, which speaks for it to the Magistrate, and is responsible for the actions of its members. More information can be found in the Darkon Rulebook, chapter 9 Land Rules.
While this is the minimum necessary to found a country, there are more than a few things you need to think about before taking this step.
- Do you have weapons built, and know how to make them?
- Will your four members be able to make it to enough events to prevent you from going defunct?
- Have you chosen colors that will be easily confused with other countries?
- Do you understand the rules of play thoroughly?
Most of the time, if you are a new player, the answers to these questions are going to be no. This will not stop you from founding a country, but consider the following advice.
- Come to a couple events first and get to meet other players. Most players/countries in Darkon are more than willing to let new players fight with them, and use their weapons.
- Take advantage of this and meet different groups, it is likely that you will find other people that you would like to fight with.
- Veteran players can show you tips and tricks to fighting, how rules affect game play, costume/garb design, weapon and armor creation, etc.
- This time will also allow you to get a better idea on your persona/character as well as the story line of your country and how it will fit within the realm of Darkon.